MorningWoodrow

you listened and responded to my track, so i wanted to return the respect. i liked all these cuts very much. they thump my speakers without clipping. you definitely have a seat in the dance music genre. i can tell that Morning Woodrow was heavily compressed, has a boxy sound to it, but it works fine. Anurizm is by far my favorite of the bunch. tight working of the 404's. great job man, keep it coming.

Thanx for the comment samich. I'm not sure I want a seat in the dance music genre but appreciate you saying so. This jam just sort of flowed from my fingers and kept progressing ending up as one of the longest songs i have created and leaving me confused as to what to think of it. The 404 is pretty much the life-blood of most of my songs. Love tweaking the hell out of the presets and making it talk s***.

Thanx

i just mean that you could make some $$ selling these cuts to the dance/ club market..this stuff goes like hotcakes, especially with this quality. it has it's own voice with a solid rave beat. i know what you mean though when you say you hate techno, i wouldn't worry, this music isn't techno...i don't think you have to worry about it being played while models walk the runway. i'd look into some labels that support and market this type music. you never know.. keep it coming. lates./

Hmmmm, $$$?? I like monies. I like hotcakes too. What i like even more are posts that suggest I may be eligible for both. :D.

I'm esspecially glad to hear that the quality is is to YOUR satisfaction beacause i have heard and admired your skills numerous times and am certainly hoping that you will continue to post those skills.

thanx alot,

i just wanted to say that i think it sucks that nobody has given you any response..this "clinic" is suppose to be a place to get listens and feedback...and not just stupid comments like, "i hate it" or "it sucks" but useful tips and tools, especially for a newbie like yourself. so after listening to your cuts again, i wanted to elaborate on some things that stuck out to me.
in every one of your cuts the snare sounds very weak, almost inaudible...you may have done this on purpose, but typically the snare gives the track a rhythmic pop to accentuate the vocals. since you have no vocals in the track, it could be said that you should either have the snare louder to compensate or just turn it up for the sake of being able to hear it better. the tracks are a bit muddy or thick sounding. this can be attributed to lack of mixing experience...most home recordings have a signature muddiness. nothing to fret about...pay more attention to what frequencies are being pumped and swayed.

let back on the real low freqs. 20-40Hz and the real high "airy" freqs. 14-20Khz and typically, but not always people'll roll off the mids to get away from the telephone sound. just play around...when it sounds right...it is right. are you using flat response monitors to mix? take care.

Hey Samich, thanx alot for the listen, your advice is certainly valuble. Yeah it does kinda blow that nobody takes a whole lot of interest here but then again i'm not looking for publicity, I just get to a point where theres nowhere else i can go with a song that I took much pleasure in creating so I take a step further and share it. It's kinda like my method of throwing it away. Posting it is just a closure thing. All it takes is one entry of tight Fb to make posting all worth while and you've granted me that so i'm very gratefull. I'm looking foward to hearing more of your work when you get to it so hook me up when that happens.

Hmmm, I dont know what the problem could be with the data invalid message Idiot. I know that I had problems playing hi-fi untill my dumbass figured out that my connection preferences(under real player) were set at 28k modem speed even though I have a cable connection. I kept getting this "net congetion-buffering message after every 15 secondsa of playback. Which brings me to another point dealing with a comment I heard somwhere stating that realplayer sucks and winamp is the way to fly. I have winamp, but am not sure how to make it my default audio player, If anyone can help me overcome my puter retartedness please do. Thanx

Hey wigg, and those who are having issues, I'll have new options up soon that'll allow you to switch between PLS and M3U streaming.

To get it to work right now, just go into WinAmps preferences (Ctrl+P), go to Setup and File types, make sure M3U and PLS are chosen.

Hit close, and all should be good, assuming one of your other players (such as RealPlayer) isn't set to take over the associations whenever they are over-ridden. If this is the case, ask me about the particular player you have, I'll try to point you in the right direction.

If you need to know about Windows Media issues, see the help section on NWR.

W.

wig - i'm off to the studio today, my trainer finally called me, so i'll catch you around tomorrow.

middleman

Back