More Sex Than Me...

Robertt8

Well, it's been a loooooooooong time since I've posted something here because I've been focusing on playing live lately, but alas...the recorder calls, and here's my latest tune inspired by my upstairs neighbors...

URL: http://roberttait.com/tait/tait.html
SONG: More_Sex_Than_Me.mp3

(which you'll find a link running across the hand)

This is a temporary location.

Let me know if you think some changes are in order, cuz I'm WAY outta practice!

In case you're not familiar with my crap, it's kind of a mellow/upbeat/groove tune done with acoustics, drums, base and vocal. enjoy, and thanks for listening!

Tait

Well the song catches my attention. :D I'm right in the middle of checking out some new stuff I received today. I'll check back later. :cool:

The only thing that's really tugging at my ear is that damn ride cymbal on the right... It just sounds like it's in its own little space and wants everyone to know where it is. Maybe panned back a bit or dropped in level a bit (or both).

Cool tune though...

John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com

FLASH: Thanks for replying! Let me know if you've got any suggestions or comments on this one.

MASSIVE MASTER: Yeah, I know what you mean about that cymbal...I was considering bringing it in closer to the middle, and I guess I should have. I guess I still can, but I was hoping I could balance it out with the tambourine and shaker on the other side. Thanks for the comments, and thanks for listening!

Tait, I don't know what most guys here are listening though. I first listen though my monitors (there not the best). Then I run it though my P.A. system (like I was listening to it live). Even though I really don't get into this kind of music, it really caught my ear. Maybe has a lot to do with the lyrics..... who knows. I think it sounds good. I may hear a "chime chime chime" on the right or a "bla bla bla" on the left but, it all seems to blend with me. Just my opinion. Thanks for the listen.

FLASH: So, just out of curiosity, how'd this tune sound run through your monitors? Saddly, I don't even have monitors myself, so all my crap is done through (gasp) headphones. Sad huh?

sounds like the guitar should be brighter and louder, but im on a laptop so perhaps thats bad advice. i like the drums

Sounds to me like the snare may be a little too hot, and the accoustic guitar could have been hitting a little harder, on the rythmn parts. I agree that the ride cymbal to the right was a little 'on top of the mix' sounding. The song's pretty good though, vocals were good too.

OLI: Nope, you're probably right. I was also trying some new compressor settings which seemed to kind of mess with the bright sound I think I got in some of my older tunes...but I was planing on keeping the guitars kind of in the background anyway, so...I'll probably not re-record them again, but I might do another mix...thanks for listening!

RAY J: Hey, thanks for checking it out! I seem to be getting fairly consistent comments, so I'm thinking you guys are probably right about the mix. I'll probably do another mix with all this advice.

Back