More music. Judge it, or just listen.

I listened to Allegiance, pretty cool. Though it's a little hard to get into this stuff without some Intellibeams and a hit of X :D

Lmfao Tex.
Button music man!...Kind of hard for an "arteeest" to comment positively. Mix possibilities are endless here. I'd be panning and echoing and flanging...sheesh. Sounds clean. The keyboards can keep their jobs, but tell the composer not to quit his day job.
peace

I'm heasring a lot of this type stuff lately. It sounds like it might be fun to get all those sounds and mix em up and see what comes out! I see myself doing that all day long....I better stick to acoustic guitar. Keep up the good work, maybe branch out a bit and get out of the mold. Innovate my man!

Having a band with multiple members can be a real pain in the rear-end. Creative differences, you know and all that.

Personally, I agree with other posters who I've heard time and time again, when they say..... "why must the drums always go "BOOM-BOOM-BOOM"?

I'd also like to see more complex structure to the song with better drum breakdown.... but you know.... its all part of that whole..."dance floor" booming and throbbing routine.

It's meant for playing to kids in the club. It sure gets them going, with the repetitive booming (I dont see the attraction myself... but thats the way it is nevertheless).

I think we'll take some advice here... and try some different stuff that isnt so repetitive. I'd like to do some nice "soundscapes" myself... nice quiet relaxing synth music with the sound of wind and quiet thunder cracking, etc...

Well if it's supposed to be raver music then don't bother putting any effort or music ability into it. You could loop a bunch of farts and a kick going BOOM BOOM BOOM and they would still dance to it.

I thought maybe you were trying to create the radio friendly synthy industrial stuff that Trent Reznor writes and stuff.

They dance to that because that's what they play. I think you can dance to other types of music as well. Dancing has been around for a few years now, ya know.

I'm going to get down dirty and honest here. I really don't consider this loopy loop sampled genre to be music. Its feels cold, soulless, heartless and just DEAD. Maybe for cheap background sound effects in cheap TV shows and cheesy movies, but it just doesn't have any legs of its own to stand on. Of course , just my opinion. But you know I'm right.

SLKEEN> I'm going to get down dirty and honest here. I really don't consider this loopy loop sampled genre to be music. Its feels cold, soulless, heartless and just DEAD. Maybe for cheap background sound effects in cheap TV shows and cheesy movies, but it just doesn't have any legs of its own to stand on. Of course , just my opinion. But you know I'm right.
----------------------

Hey hey now. Settle down and play nice with the other music genres :-)

Seriously, I'm not offended because this is far and away, not my primary music interest. Me, I like blues, jazz, classical, and 60's and 70's rock (and some rock of today also).... but... since I can't play guitar worth a damned.... (and since I'll never be able to play the Rimsky-Rachimaninovs version of 'Flight of the Bumblebee' to my satisfaction.... hence ending my classical music career before it starts..... I guess I'm stuck with this synthesizer genre by default.

I like it simnply because I'm an electrical engineer and I'm like a kid in a candy store. I get to play with $20,000 worth of equipment that has lots of cool flashing lights all day long... and since I'm on the Internet 24/7 anyway.... well then I can just quickly switch back and forth between my tracking and processing software and my Internet explorer page :-)

----------------

Synth music is not defacto "loopy" or "repetitive" per se'.... thats just some artiststs... errr... most artists giving the people what they think they want to hear [marketing].... (and have you ever listened to rap or hip-hop? ) ...

I've seen some really talented stuff out there in the form of dramatic soundscapes that does not repeat at all, and is quite soothing and relaxing to listen to (i.e. real music)... kind of the electronic version of classical music.

I've tried listening to this stuff. Years ago I loved Vangelis, Walter Carlos, Mike Oldfield. But this loopy sampled stuff....I just can't get into or behind it.

Back