More Metaaaallllll!!!

waverz

Heres another song partially recorded and for the most part unmixed. We still need to add the guitar solos, other guitar and vocals....this song is called Bullet In Your Pride.

Last edited:
ok it worked that time

im not really sure what type of comments your looking for since its obviously not finished recording/mixing wise so ill try and keep that in mind.
As far as tracking goes everything sounds like your off to a good start except for the guitar. Its very thin and brittle sounding, it could possibly thicken up once you get some doubling going but the tone is still too midrangey/gainy for my taste. Just a thought. Maybe thats the way you wanted it, im not really sure.
As for the song, it sounds like you have some good spots to really get a heavy groove going but timing is going to make or break those types of sections. I can already hear a few places where things get out of whack and take away from the groove. I would get the basic rhythm guitar/bass and drums synced dead on before i started overdubbing solos/vocals if it were me.
Im not a big fan of this newer style of "metal" so take my advice for what it is. Id like to hear the song again once you get everything tracked and start doing some serious mixing. good work so far

Well the guitar track is basically just a "scratch" at this point. Just had my guitar player plug his old ass pedal straight into the AD converter. I dont really know how im gonna record him yet...i am thinking of micing his cab with a SM57 and plugging him in straight and then use amplitube. Was thinking about getting a "Y" splitter so i can get 2 outputs from his guitar and record 2 seperate tracks. What do you guys think???

if it were me

i would do the main rhythm tracks live micing his amp, assuming that his amp sounds descent. Then you could add some overdubs or extra layers later with amplitude if you wanted. Ive never used amplitude so i can't really say for it but i generally think modelers are ok mixed in with some real tracks but often when they are completely by themselves they are questionable. Experiment and see what works best. Thats probably the best advice i can give.

Chord progressions are a tad predictable. Nice start for an early song though. A few timing problems and a too-loud bass g. I'm more of a Slipknot, White Zombie, C.O.C. kind of fan when it comes to metal. I dont get into the Slayer sound much any more, so take my comments with a grain of salt.

The mix isn't too bad so far. Just needs some tightening up and fleshing out. Nice job!

Piltdown Man

I like when this kicks in. The intro i didn't care for too much. Kinda dragged out, but maybe you're adding vocals there or something. As it is now, I'd raise the guitar a couple dB's. Or lower the other elements depending on headroom. Some good ideas here.

Basically it sounds to me as if you're listening through the door of a metal bands practice session at the drummers house. In my opinion. Everythings got that muffled and small sound, it needs reverb to let it go a bit. Work on it and it could sound good.

Back