More For Me To Learn So Here's One Last Tune For Your Critique....

Pink Floyd and The Beatles all wrapped into one.:D

Sounds good man.I'l let the pros give you mix advice.The song is cool.

Kramer said:
Pink Floyd and The Beatles all wrapped into one.:D

LOL Kramer!

This is a trippy tune. Definately not something you'd hear on the radio these days.

Nit picks:

Drums sound thin.

Didn't dig the fast leslie on that organ. Would be cool in a few spots, but should be slower most of the time.

The chaos at the end would be better if there was at least something happening in the center.

Good stuff:

Guitar solo!

Good feel.

Thinking outside the box.;)

Yeah Like Kramer said! Sounds good to me also;) I really liked when it got instrumental around 3:45 Hey I liked the drums, nice sound!
overall pretty fantastic mix.

8:30 yeah I remember those days:D

the confusion at the end is somehow not confusing but a neat twist.

Hi there: I thought the mix was fine, but you should know that in addition to being in jail and losing the use of my right hand recently, I'm listening on headphones.

You had a ton of cool ideas, and for such a long piece, you didn't lose me...lol.

Honesty though, the first part is SOOOOOOOO MUCH like "Breathe" that it was distracting as hell to me. See what others say, but I really think you oughtta' considering adding some stuff in there and taking some other stuff out JUST to make it sound less like one of the most famous rock songs of all time, LOL.

Don't hate me...I'm injured.

man i heard this band the other day .....pink floyd ..i think you should contact a lawyer cause they ARE TOTALLY RIPPIN YOU OFF...:D:D
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

every second of the tune reminds of floyd, but well, I think you know that anyway - the drums are the only weak point in the mix I think.. nice guitar playing!
cheers

I knew there would be a lot of Floyd references, but that's o.k. I wrote this tune about Syd Barrett, who was Floyd's founder and chief writer until he wigged out on acid in '67. I definately was going for a floyd flavor....Chrisharris, you're right. I'm not the biggest Floyd fan in the world, but after I read that it reminded you of "Breathe" I kind of hit myself in the head! Maybe I should throw this tune away....I didn't realize how close it is! :( Thanks everyone for listening!

M.Brane said:
LOL Kramer!
Didn't dig the fast leslie on that organ. Would be cool in a few spots, but should be slower most of the time.

Put some leslie on the vocals instead :D

I like the clicky 60s bass (could be a bit fatter, though. A big umf with a click, that's what you need). Both solos are good. Hammond sound is great here. I agree with M. Brance, drums need to be fattened up a little. And tighten up the harmonies a bit, intonationwise. I know you can do it!

What the f*! (listening while I type) wow, that is soooo.....psychedelic, MAN!

The Big Lebowski

Good to hear people still making this sound!Really works well for you guys!Go with it.Drums panned too hard IMO.Production is good.Lacks some low end,maybe just my headphones.Great vox!

I do believe I see David Gilmore coming...quick run and hide over there, maybe he'll just keep going...

Very cool, I liked this one. You just don't know how it takes me back.

Sydfan said:
Maybe I should throw this tune away....
Man, why in the world would you even CONSIDER trashing this is beyond me; have you ever heard anything I've done? My God, same 4 chords, same tempo...it all sounds like the B Side of an America single, LOL.

No man...no way. It was just a suggestion about maybe throwing in some other elements, not the towel. What the fuck do I know anyway? and I was only talking about the very beginning, which could be easily "fixed," if you wanted to...man, I feel like an ass now, lol.

don't ditch it. Hell, don't even change it...I'm stupid.

Back