More Electronic Stuff: NAH

Sounds pretty good really.....maybe add some verb or something to the drums...they are pretty sterile. Other than that, the sounds are pretty even. Seems well mixed.

Dogman said:
Sounds pretty good really.....maybe add some verb or something to the drums...they are pretty sterile. Other than that, the sounds are pretty even. Seems well mixed.
Hey Dogman, thanks for listening. Hehe, can always count on you. :)

Interesting point about the drums. I used to drown the drums in reverb. So for a while now, I've backed off on the reverb on the drums. Nothing makes my mix muddy like overdone reverb on the kick.

OK, so when I go back to this piece, I'll keep the reverb on the drums comment in mind. I'm aiming to have 10-12 of these electronic tracks done and then to make a CD. :) So gonna need a lot of final touches to make it ready for the masses and every review and opinion along the way matters. Thanks again.

P.S. Don't worry, I won't charge you the $10.99 for the CD. :p.

Cool electronica BigBubba, has an "world" music feel to it I think. Very upbeat with a good tempo. Smooth playing and good mix. Sounds really good in my headphones, with the panning of the instruments.

Lots of cool sounds coming out of your keyboard - what kind of keyboard is it?

Where do you get your drums? Pretty cool thumping beatz man....love the kick drum...

Really cool tune.... :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

wish I could play keyboards.... (lol typical guitar player that I am :D :D )

ido1957 said:
Cool electronica BigBubba, has an "world" music feel to it I think. Very upbeat with a good tempo. Smooth playing and good mix. Sounds really good in my headphones, with the panning of the instruments.

Lots of cool sounds coming out of your keyboard - what kind of keyboard is it?

Where do you get your drums? Pretty cool thumping beatz man....love the kick drum...

Really cool tune.... :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

wish I could play keyboards.... (lol typical guitar player that I am :D :D )
Hey Ido, thanks for listening man. I'm glad you like it. I do play the keyboards and that helps. But this track is done entirely using FLStudio. All on the computer. The Flute is using a free soundfont I downloaded from online somewhere. Probably from http://www.soundfont.it. The rest is using standard FLStudio default sounds and just manipulation of those.

The tune is an eastern (Urdu/Hindi) Christian hymn. Only that those people sing it sitting down (mostly clapping their hands and music and all). This allows you to dance to it while singing/humming it. :)

Took me a while to go thru all the defaults and finding the thumping kick too. :)

Thanks again for listening man. :)

Pretty cool Bubba ;)
That flute sounds real cool, I'll have to check that out. I've never found anything that sounds like that.
Cool sounds. I agree with dogman that the drums could use some more verb.
Cool builds here and there. There's a lot going on in parts, sounds good.
Hehe, sounds like the old super nintendo RPG days. :D :D
Cool track

SnakeDog5050 said:
Pretty cool Bubba ;)
That flute sounds real cool, I'll have to check that out. I've never found anything that sounds like that.
Cool sounds. I agree with dogman that the drums could use some more verb.
Cool builds here and there. There's a lot going on in parts, sounds good.
Hehe, sounds like the old super nintendo RPG days. :D :D
Cool track
Hehe, that's 2 votes for more reverb on the drums. When I go back to this to finalize this, I'll add a bit more reverb to the drums. :) Like I said earlier, I'm trying to have 10-12 of these track that I can put on a CD of electronic tracks. :)

Nintendo RPG, that makes me think more of MIDI music. Well this does have a computer music aspect to it. :D

Thanks for listening man, I appreciate it. :) I'm glad you like it.

bigbubba said:
Hehe, that's 2 votes for more reverb on the drums. When I go back to this to finalize this, I'll add a bit more reverb to the drums. :) Like I said earlier, I'm trying to have 10-12 of these track that I can put on a CD of electronic tracks. :)

Nintendo RPG, that makes me think more of MIDI music. Well this does have a computer music aspect to it. :D

Thanks for listening man, I appreciate it. :) I'm glad you like it.

Yeah, actually for the record, I was thinking super nintendo RPG music, but better sounding :)

Good stuff, I am a big fan of this genre. You have a good mix of ethnic sounds with traditional beats. This reminds me of the stuff I hear in Europe, I might suggest a tad more reverb on the flute to make it blend in and give it more of an ethereal quality that the other synths have. Excellent, would be good soundtrack stuff. :cool:

OH, -1 for the ending :eek: :p Sorry, not my style. :D I was actually hoping for more, usually this kinda thing goes about 7 minutes. Consider that a big compliment when someone says they wanted more. :)

The only prob I have with it bigbubba is the 2 step tuba intro.
It had me thinking of an oompah band it that took a while to shake off so that I could get into it.
Cheers
rayC

DavidK said:
Good stuff, I am a big fan of this genre. You have a good mix of ethnic sounds with traditional beats. This reminds me of the stuff I hear in Europe, I might suggest a tad more reverb on the flute to make it blend in and give it more of an ethereal quality that the other synths have. Excellent, would be good soundtrack stuff. :cool:

OH, -1 for the ending :eek: :p Sorry, not my style. :D I was actually hoping for more, usually this kinda thing goes about 7 minutes. Consider that a big compliment when someone says they wanted more. :)
Hey David, thanks for listening man. I grew up listening to a lot of euro-dance, techno, house music so occassionally I tend to try to do some electronic music. :) So you spend time in europe?

As for the ending, I figure: "If you don't have it, don't force it." After the hymn was over, and the intervals were done with, I did a little breakdown/buildup and then I thought, if I add to it, I might ruin it. :) So I left it alone.

And I do appreciate that comment that this should have gone on more. :).

rayc said:
The only prob I have with it bigbubba is the 2 step tuba intro.
It had me thinking of an oompah band it that took a while to shake off so that I could get into it.
Cheers
rayC
Ah, I see you mistake. You are thinking I know music and the different instruments. :p. Just messing with ya.

The tuba intro is actually the techno bass kicking things off. Maybe you notice that the bass during the rest of the song was the same thing. Or maybe in the beginning its alone and that's why it sounds a little different than the rest of the song. :)

Thanks for listening, man. I appreciate it. :)

All I added a touch reverb to the kick. And a touch reverb to the flute.

Also I fixed the ending. In the ending when everything is cut, the hats can be heard doing their delayed hits. I always thought that was annoying.

Anyhoo, if anyone care to listen again and see if this sounds any better, I'd appreciate it. :)

And I do appreciate all the comments so far. Thanks guys. :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=468820&songID=3834885

Last edited:
So you spend time in europe?

I tour over there quite often. They have a ton of this type of music there, especially in the hungarian/polish/bavarian sections. They mix the folk music of the region with modern sounds, which is what yours is like.

Oh, I like the tuba! Sounds like Munich! ;)

The second version:

Yeah, dig the drums. Big, full sound. This is great, you did exactly what you needed with the flute, but the drums are a huge improvement. Its got the ethnic feel but your booty involuntarily moves with these drums. I like this a LOT. Are you sure your name is Bubba? Should be something hungarian or polish. Maybe bubbawski :D

DavidK said:
I tour over there quite often. They have a ton of this type of music there, especially in the hungarian/polish/bavarian sections. They mix the folk music of the region with modern sounds, which is what yours is like.

Oh, I like the tuba! Sounds like Munich! ;)

Well, the tuba is my techno bass. But hey if it sounds like a tuba, I'm all for a tuba kicking off the ethno-techno-Christian-hymnal dance number. I grew up under quite a bit of european influence so I've been listening to european stuff for a while. You ever hear of DJ BoBo, or Sanda? Sandra is the wife of the Enigma music guy. Modern Talking is an older band that got together around 2000-2004 and broke up again. C. C. Catch is also been re-releasing stuff. Among heavier stuff there's the Guano Apes, too.

DavidK said:
The second version:

Yeah, dig the drums. Big, full sound. This is great, you did exactly what you needed with the flute, but the drums are a huge improvement. Its got the ethnic feel but your booty involuntarily moves with these drums. I like this a LOT. Are you sure your name is Bubba? Should be something hungarian or polish. Maybe bubbawski :D
Alrighty, so then I'm glad it came off nicely.

My name is only Bubba 'coz I'm _in_ Texas and I thought it would be fun. :D

Thanks for listening man. I really appreciate it. :)

Back