More.....

Great mood piece. Like being transported to Hell where legions of fallen souls labor at inane tasks.

The vocals need to come up in the mix. A heavily chorused
sound would add to that vision of people slaving all around you as far as the eye can see.

That lead line was distinctly Klezmer influenced. Should've been done on a clarinet.

Nice to hear you liked it, I like your description of it... haha..

The vocals are low by intent. He isn't our main singer. I like the heavy-chorus idea, will have that in mind in the future. I might also try to convince them to double that lead with clarinet (the Vurma guy is in our band occasionally)

laterz

Hello again.

I got my hands on Sound Forge and played around with it a bit. Mostly the Dynamics part... The site is updated with the new version.. I'd much appreciate if someone *cough* drstrawl *cough* could compare it to the previous version.. ;) If you didn't hear the first version, have a go at this one...

Thx in advance.

Ok, the first couple bars, I thought "Money" by Pink Floyd right off...and then I heard the chorus (which still could come up, in my opinion, and I got all sorta eroticized in a strange Fellini-meets home boy-thrash kinda way...

I totally loved this song....lead vocal isn't happening, though......but my hard on for the song overcame it....gibs

OK I A/B-ed the mixes in single-blind fashion by not noting whether the new or old mix was larger in filesize. Yeah- you got a 3 dB at least in apparent volume increase without adding any mud to the mix. A pretty impressive feat in the 16 bit environment that is Sound Forge. When I looked at the wave display in Vegas it looked like you might've overdone it but I couldn't hear that. Nice job!

Great song man. I'm listening on a different(shitty)system today so I'm not gonna comment on the mix or even try, but I loved the song. It was busy, but had a distinct vibe to it. I like it.

Ray J

Thanx a lot for listening to it..

This one of my favourite songs to play... I love the way my 30W Dynacord Bass King plays distorted bass. The intro is played on a rusty milk-can, some broken cymbnals and a large metal-ring...

Have to add to what others have said. I LOVE this song. Everything but the lead singer. Nice work on the distorted bass, btw, I think that's more of the sound I need to get on my own stuff if I can figure out how to get it. Much appreciate the use of the alternative instruments like the rusty milk can, etc. Keep it up. Not sure about the clarinet idea. Seems like it might sound a little too "pure" for this piece. Be interesting to hear it, though. The mix itself sounds pretty good to me, with a good separation and balance of the instruments, but I'm pretty new at all this, so what do I know? Anyway, nice job.

gost

gibs sux... he stole my "Money" comparison. I dig the song, Meshuggah. I'm listening to the Papirozn ("prozac" in swedish?) song now, can dig that too. Also listened to LV-624, thought you were right about the song being a real "promiser." Didn't take the mp3 conversion too well, at least not at 128 kbps. Would like to hear the uncompressed version, as it has a mentally exercising background that transfers between instruments. CAN DIG.

:D

Yao Kelly.

Thanx for the kind words. "papirosn" (the z is a sp-error on my behalf), means "cigarettes" in Jiddish (or maybe an eastern european language). Prozac is prozac in Sweden too ;)

LV is a good song treated very unjust =( The guy who engineered the recording gated the drums to hell, and also did other things I wasn't too happy with.. history now. I just tried to up the volume a bit, and I overdid a bit, but not all that bad.. The uncompressed version can be found at http://www.mp3.com/cococasa Our vocalist has never been better thatn that :)

Thx again for listening, and the kind words (you too gost :-)

..and yeah, gibs sux.. :D :D :D :D

Back