Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mixing feedback needed...

Thanks

Mixing feedback needed...

Sign in to disable this ad
    OK...have at it.

http://strangefamilymusic.net/hr/tmdad.mp3

any feedback, negative or positive will help me grow...

elcholo.

Thanks

Thumbs up Hey

. I love these Christian songs can i master it with your permission.

actually last Christian song i did didn't turn out so well, Iíll take a rain check sounds nice dude.

Very nice tone i can't comment as Iím on the Cans...

but it just sounds like you have a bit of mud there thrown on the mix Iím not sure as Iíd have to listen on my mud detecting audio piece but it sounds like mud ... it's different from clay... clay is ok.

but it sounds like mud. not the song just a touch around you the paces mud sits possible 60 possible 256 possible 455.

your 80 is nice a little too nice actually make a youngie think you had some sort of intervention?? No?

ok then.

Thanks

re: tbb

no intervention just yet. This one is my mix. I have sent the tracks off to a studio here in KC to get mixed. I wanted to see how close I am to the 'pro's'...

re: muddy - i'm not very good in the EQ department. I tried to cut around 400, but maybe not enough.

uh, what is a 'youngie'

thanks for listening.

cholo

Arkansas....moving to Texas in a few weeks...
    Thanks
    Well seeing as how my home comp is not setup for high speed net (I'm trying my best not to go on a raging rant about why I can't get it at this location) I'll have to wait till I get a call for a session at a friend of mine's studio (I expect a call before the end of the week). At the moment that would be the most convenient location to check out your tune.

I can't even get my own frickin link to play on this machine. I really despise dialup...
    C:\Users\Trell Blaze\Desktop\Woodstock.jpgListen if u dare...I dare u... http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=749086
    <<<NOW AVAILABLE ON SOUNDCLICK...WHO THE HELL THOUGHT THAT WOULD BE A COOL NAME FOR A MUSIC WEBSITE?

Thanks
    no problem Trell, whenever you get a chance is fine.

Anyone else?

cholo

Thanks
    I hate to do it, but I agree with the blackbay. There's some low-end mud in the bass. I'm not an EQ expert, but it seems to be around 200-400. The rest of the mix sounds very good. Vocals and harmonies sound great. Good job.

Thanks
    ok...quick question. Is this area, between 200 and 450 the "mud zone" or whatever you want to call it, is this normally where most of you jump right in and start cutting back - automatically?

and, if yes:

do you cut back across the board, or only on the lower ended instrument's channels/tracks, kick/bass/tuba/what?

cholo

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by elcholo View Post
    ok...quick question. Is this area, between 200 and 450 the "mud zone" or whatever you want to call it, is this normally where most of you jump right in and start cutting back - automatically?

and, if yes:

do you cut back across the board, or only on the lower ended instrument's channels/tracks, kick/bass/tuba/what?

cholo
    Well, for me, if there is any mud, it depends on where it's coming from. I'm no expert, but I usually try to fix it individually instead of applying an EQ cut across the whole mix. I'd go into the project, play it, select the bass track, and look at how your bass is EQ'd. Setup a moderately narrow Q setting and start pulling down in that general 200-400 area - while the whole mix is playing - until the bass tightens up. Pay close attention to the kick/bass relationship. They should both support the bottom end without mushing together. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks
    Great songwriting, arrangement and performance. Really reminds me of "The Band" in spots. Let us know how the pro mix goes - be interesting to compare the two.
    Good job....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_L View Post
    Well, for me, if there is any mud, it depends on where it's coming from. I'm no expert, but I usually try to fix it individually instead of applying an EQ cut across the whole mix. I'd go into the project, play it, select the bass track, and look at how your bass is EQ'd. Setup a moderately narrow Q setting and start pulling down in that general 200-400 area - while the whole mix is playing - until the bass tightens up. Pay close attention to the kick/bass relationship. They should both support the bottom end without mushing together. Just my 2 cents.
    good idea. i'll cut/paste/keep this in my shortcut file.

ido1957 said: Great songwriting, arrangement and performance. Really reminds me of "The Band" in spots. Let us know how the pro mix goes - be interesting to compare the two.
    Good job....
    Thank you sir. I should be getting the pro-mix tonight or tomorrow. I'll upload it for comparison.

cholo

Thread Information