Mix suggestions please

Thought it was a John Lennon song when it started out. Then it kicked in. The rhythm guitars sound real nice. Nice catchy chorus - guitars especially nice in the chorus. Drums sound great.

There is a little guitar lick in the verse (first time @ :46) that is real harsh and covers eveything else up. Nice double tracked vocals in the pre-chorus and chorus. I wouldn't pan them real hard. Some minor synching things that I don't think would be noticable if the tracks were sent down the center. Some sibalance during the chorus.

My thoughts.

Thanks TRIPLEM for those thoughts. Ya that guitar at the intro is a tremolo guitar and your probably right. It is really hot.I'll try taking it down some. I'm going to try centering the lead and dub vox a bit too. Thanks for your comments. Glad you like those drum sounds. I worked hard on those. thanks again

Cheers

Just a tip...

try using a program like CDex to encode your MP3's using VBR. If you encode them to 128K, we're really not going to be able to get a good idea of what the "real" mix sounds like... especially when it comes to specific frequencies and what not...

As it is, it sounds good... A little crisp (hi hats especially) as mentioned. There's a few very "up front" guitar licks that might need to be blended into the over-all mix better, and some of the extreme panning on the vocal is just a little too noticable.. (it detracts from it a bit).

But regardless.. it sounds good, although, I would really recommend encoding this using VBR and then reposting it... I don't doubt that it'd sound much better just from that alone.

WATYF

Thanks WATYF

I'll look into that Cdex program right away. I know what you mean about some of the licks being hot. I think I'm going to do a little re-mix ....center the vocal abit and maybe bring some of the guitar fills down too. You and TripleM mentioned similiar things and I think they are good ideas. Thanks for the input.

Cheers

protoolfool,

sounds good man.......really good........i like the intro loop........great guitar sounds............not crazy about the vocal sound........not the singing........the effects.........reminds me of collective soul............very well constructed production wise

powderfinger

Hey thanks for the comments. Maybe when I center the vocals they won't be quite so out there. A couple of the other posts mentioned that too. Thanks for the comments.

Cheers

Thats a unique style you got. I like the changes in the tune. THe guitar is very hot but I like the fullness. The bass is deep, Id like to hear a little more drums in it. Good playing and singing.

toki987

Thanks . I'll check those drums out again. I'm going to sit some things back in the mix. maybe then the drums will show up a bit more.

Thanks for checking it out

Neat!

I only wish I could get that compressed wall of grunge sound - nothing really I can criticize with this song.

Is this a recording of a full band? Doesn't sound like one person doing tracks at once...

Lastly, how do you get that "slowing down" sound at the end?

Great work!

Hey schenker guy

Thats me doing the guitars,vocals and bass. A buddy of mine did the drums, tambo , little keyboard part and back vocals. That slowing down thing is a plug in called vari-fi ( I think!!). Thanks for the comments.

Back