Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mix suggestions please

Thanks

Smile Mix suggestions please

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi All

I would really appreciate any feed back on this mix as my ears are shot. I know it's a little hot in the highs. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks for taking the time to listen.

Cheers

www.nowhereradio.com/inmynd/singles

Thanks
    Thought it was a John Lennon song when it started out. Then it kicked in. The rhythm guitars sound real nice. Nice catchy chorus - guitars especially nice in the chorus. Drums sound great.

There is a little guitar lick in the verse (first time @ :46) that is real harsh and covers eveything else up. Nice double tracked vocals in the pre-chorus and chorus. I wouldn't pan them real hard. Some minor synching things that I don't think would be noticable if the tracks were sent down the center. Some sibalance during the chorus.

My thoughts.

Thanks
    Thanks TRIPLEM for those thoughts. Ya that guitar at the intro is a tremolo guitar and your probably right. It is really hot.I'll try taking it down some. I'm going to try centering the lead and dub vox a bit too. Thanks for your comments. Glad you like those drum sounds. I worked hard on those. thanks again

Cheers

Thanks
    Sounds good to me. A bit crisp maybe.

Nice tune!

Thanks
    Thanks Jake

Ya they are a bit hot. Thanks for the input

Smiling back at you. Disclaimer: If I've said anything to offend you..... get over it. :op
    Thanks
    Just a tip...

try using a program like CDex to encode your MP3's using VBR. If you encode them to 128K, we're really not going to be able to get a good idea of what the "real" mix sounds like... especially when it comes to specific frequencies and what not...

As it is, it sounds good... A little crisp (hi hats especially) as mentioned. There's a few very "up front" guitar licks that might need to be blended into the over-all mix better, and some of the extreme panning on the vocal is just a little too noticable.. (it detracts from it a bit).

But regardless.. it sounds good, although, I would really recommend encoding this using VBR and then reposting it... I don't doubt that it'd sound much better just from that alone.

WATYF

Thanks
    Thanks WATYF

I'll look into that Cdex program right away. I know what you mean about some of the licks being hot. I think I'm going to do a little re-mix ....center the vocal abit and maybe bring some of the guitar fills down too. You and TripleM mentioned similiar things and I think they are good ideas. Thanks for the input.

Cheers

Thanks
    man, great vocals!

Thanks

Smile

Thanks groovejunkie......cool

Thanks
    protoolfool,

sounds good man.......really good........i like the intro loop........great guitar sounds............not crazy about the vocal sound........not the singing........the effects.........reminds me of collective soul............very well constructed production wise

Thread Information