mix opinions

Calwood

Hey everyone. I've been reading on this site for a good while now. Mostly downloading some of your guys' music. I've always wanted to post opinions on mixes and such,..but,..didnt really think it would be cool unless i had some of my stuff up for people to hear as well. I got one tune up,..at least i think i did it right.

here it is....

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/6/davejammusic.htm

It's just a basic rock riff. I'd like to know what you guys think of the mix,..how everything sounds,..etc

This is the newest riff I'm workin' on,..It's a real short tune only a minute or so. Just dont know what else to do with the damn thing!

I'll put up some more stuff if this works. I play all the instruments but cant sing a freegin' note.

Couldn't get it to stream lo or hifi.
Even tried save target as.
Mabey they want you to download their player?

Pete

Hmmmm,...Yeah,..i just tried to do that and it didnt work for me either.

Got me by the short and curly's.

Well,..if ya download the mp3 it only takes about 5 minutes. It's a really short tune.

Thanks for tryin'. I'll try to figure out the lo fi thing.

Nice jam Calwood.
I've just got "newbie" ears here, but I think it sound's pretty good, at least on my pc speaker's. Sound's Sabbath-ish. There was a background sound that to my ears could come up a little.

I too had trouble downloading at first, but I did refresh a couple time's and the site came up real fast.
Go get yourself a singer, or even give it a try yourself first, it seem's alot of us are our worst critic's when it come's to singing.
Looking forward to hearing the finished song...................Joe :D

Not a bad lil tune man. I would make a few minor adjustments to it though.
The first guitar is a tad thin on the bottom side by itself. The 2nd guitar is fine sounding. The bass is kinda hidden. The snare and especially the kick could use a little volume. If you widened the pan on the 1 & 2 guitar just a little you could bring the lead out a little more and that double tracked melody line on the guitars would show a little more. Maybe move that 3rd guitar to the right a touch cause when the lead comes in it all kinda gets too thick left-center and the lead sounds like its trying to overcome it.
There`s a little bit of timing issue but you know that and where.

Joe Recorder :

Thanks man. I'm workin' on the singer. I have alot of riffs like this one that would be killer tunes if the right person put some vocals on 'em. Believe me bro,...I cant sing!!! I'm not bein' hard on myself,....I've tried. When people say,.."What the fuck is that!!?!?" You know you got a bad voice! Haha! Thanks for listening.

Toki987 :

I agree with you on all points,..except the kick. I thought it was where it should be. But,..I will definitely take all your advice into consideration when i finish this one up. Thanks alot for taking the time to listen critically.

shackrock:

Ya know what? Niether do I. ha ha.

Back