Mix fix . Took suggestions , have a listen and any feedback / Thanks for your ears !!

wizardof7

Tune is just some parts at this point . I usually bounce these off other members of the band . But I find your tips very helpful folks !! Thanks so much

Attachments

• oldschoolforhr7.mp3
    2.9 MB · Views: 11
It feels like there's a bit too much energy in the drums around 6.7kHz. Maybe the guitars could come up a half dB, or maybe cutting that 6.7k (medium width filter, about one octave) on the drums will let them shine through. I don't hear much else to fix at this point.

It feels like there's a bit too much energy in the drums around 6.7kHz. Maybe the guitars could come up a half dB, or maybe cutting that 6.7k (medium width filter, about one octave) on the drums will let them shine through. I don't hear much else to fix at this point.

Sweet man thanks ! I did bump the high end on the drums last night before rendering . My monitors kinda suck so these comments have really helped me out a lot !!

You might need to back off the limiter/compression a little? It felt like everything got significantly quieter when the guitars came in.

Agreed.

Cool tune dood! Let's get together soon man. I would love to rent your rig sometime for re-amping a tune for a 'Crate lover' guitar player as well. :)

Drums sound a bit small, and the bass is, at least, about half the level it should be. Also, everything is too awashed in reverb, unless, you want to go for an 80's, Dokken sound (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Agree the drums are a little sizzly.

I'd add there isn't a lot of low end.

But the biggest thing that struck me was that the rhythm guitars didn't have any chug. I don't know if it was an amp sim or a solid state amp or something. Maybe just too much gain dialed in. But there just wasn't enough "umph" in the rhythm gutiars.

Back