metalcore song

The mix is OK.
The sound...metalcore?
It hangs like a fast Boston track in terms of guitar sound.
The dude from Boston invented the Rockman amp - if that's the sound you're after.
Cheers
rayC

first off.....great overall sound. i love as i lay's quality in some of there mixes, their outstanding. Some things i might consider is a little more volume on the snare. Bass drum is dead on for this type of music. I might also bring up the guitar a tad bit. one thing i notice is in a lot of as i lay's guitar's is the bass guitar hardley sticks out but still gives the guitars the needed low end. So maybe try that technique also.
Mike

Sounds pretty close to that particular sound. The guitars sound a little harsh in the upper mids (seems to bring out the string noise a little more, finger squeeks in a few places). Was this a direct guitar track?
Drums are too flat for my taste but as I stated before it sounds like what your going for. A lead guitar or something would have been cool.

Wireneck said:
Sounds pretty close to that particular sound. The guitars sound a little harsh in the upper mids (seems to bring out the string noise a little more, finger squeeks in a few places). Was this a direct guitar track?

yeah, all the guitars are recorded with a podxt and the drums are from drum kit from hell

Good overall sound. I am not that into the metal anymore since I am getting older but i for sure appreciate the playing talent as well as I think you did a real nice job on the mix.

I am a sucker for the change in tempo like at 1:40 - this makes the song for me ;)

good job

Back