Metal...with a weird instrument. :)

Jouni

I've been aching to use that thing a while... got it for last christmas.
..playing on the background at the beginnig and end, "Munnharpa" in swedish... Old instrument in Scandinavia, practically an iron spring played against your teeth! :D:D

Preliminary mix, The drums and bass need some work.. started tracking six hours ago..

"Harpy":

That mouth thingy was what we used to call a Jew's Harp. I'm impressed by the way you can get it sound in tune with the rest of the instruments a lot of the time. It actually fits surprisingly well into the song.
- nice lead @2:00 excellent sounding tone on that axe.
Great song jouni, enjoyed the playing skills throughout. This one is destined for my download folder.....

I've been aching to use that thing a while... got it for last christmas.
..playing on the background at the beginnig and end, "Munnharpa" in swedish... Old instrument in Scandinavia, practically an iron spring played against your teeth! :D:D

Been listening to Moonsorrow have you? If not you might want to check them out, specifically the song Karhunkynsi off the record Verisakeet. They are Finnish, not Swedish, but they us the same instrument as well as a whole whack of other Scandinavian folk instruments and influences.

Sounds pretty good overall: I think the biggest thing I noticed was how far away everything seemed, which might have been the idea! The fake drums are definitely noticeable: with the bass as aggressive-sounding as you've made it, I think the wimpy kit is really making it stand out in a not-so-great way from everything else.

The mouth harp is pretty funny man :p

Just woke up, grabbed a coffee and came to see if anyone had replied, thanks for those!!:D

-I'm Finnish, yup, I've heard of Moonsorrow, Finntroll is great too!!..;)

Jew's harp.. didn't know that, It could sound better, but I just closed myself in the bedroom and threw it there on a single take...
I'm gonna start remixing now, didn't even notice the "distance" in the mix, I'll try to improve the drums, and get some high-end to the bass... retrack if necessary....

Thanks again, I'll be back.

Got it:cool: I never give tec advise, beacuse I cant, I dont know my ass from a hole in the ground on tec stuff. I am digging this though. Love the guitar:)

Back