Metal Tune Heavy Groove "Monsters Dream"

Sounds great! Good heavy material.

Only thing I noticed was some higher pitched "ticking" coming from (I believe) the drums. Sounds like an electrical current "clicking" noise, but maybe you want it in the mix.

Overall, it sounds professional. I enjoyed it!

L8r...

Tim

This is pretty cool kind of has a heavier sabbath, COC, BLS, type vibe. The drums sound like they are all Attack and no body. Thats my biggest complaint.The guitars might be a little harsh in the top end at times. Its hard to say without checking it out on other listening systems. This is definitely cleaner than anything i've been able to produce. Really nice guitar riffing going on in places. Get those drums hitting a little harder and this will throwdown alot harder.

Sounds fat as fek. How did you get it sounding so fat? Is it real guitars? Has this been mastered yet? Drums could be a bit louder but that might take away the fatness of the guitars and bass.

Wow! Thanks for all the possitive feedback. I have to be honest, I realy expected to get ripped apart for the fast vocal line over the bridge to the final chorus, I'm not really sure it works. But anyway I'll tweak that tomorrow.

ecktronic said:
Sounds fat as fek. How did you get it sounding so fat? Is it real guitars? Has this been mastered yet? Drums could be a bit louder but that might take away the fatness of the guitars and bass.

Thank you, and yes most definitely real guitars!!! I guess its mastered, I ran it through Izotope during mixdown for widdening, multiband comp, overall verb, and harmonic exciter and then ran it through another Izotope setting durring final editting within Soundforge mainly just to boost the overall level as close to 0db as possible. So yes its mastered. I agree the drums are to low I will remix tomorrow.

How did I get the fat guitar sound?
I layerd heavy distorted guitars with mid gain not so distorted guitars. I'm allways fighting a battle between clarity and heavyness. With this aproach I combine both with proper eq'ing to compliment each other and the result is a thick clearly pronounced heavy sound track. The only drawback is this demands better execution on the part of the guitar player, since the mistakes will not be masked by the raunch of the distortion. Since in this case the guitar player is me I guess I shoud just suck it up stop being lazzy and get my chops back

Last edited:
Nice!
I like your sound...
One question, what kind of effect was used on the pinch harmonics. It sounds like it might be some kind of phase effect or doubling. Kinda reminds me of the flying saucer sound on that old 'astroids' video game..lol.

I have been trying to get a similar effect, but have not got it how I want.

Thanks,
Amra

amra said:
Nice!
I like your sound...
One question, what kind of effect was used on the pinch harmonics. It sounds like it might be some kind of phase effect or doubling. Kinda reminds me of the flying saucer sound on that old 'astroids' video game..lol.

I have been trying to get a similar effect, but have not got it how I want.

Thanks,
Amra

Just a wah, some verb and a little delay.??? I did double some of the lead work.

Id like to hear a mix without the "mastering" compression and exciter and all the other junk. I bet it sounds even beter. Just my 2 cents...

I've remixed the track with the drums a little higher in the mix.

Wireneck said:
Id like to hear a mix without the "mastering" compression and exciter and all the other junk. I bet it sounds even beter. Just my 2 cents...

I'll post a raw mix tomorrow, Im having trouble with clipping if I don't use compression, or the volume is so low it's not worth listening to. I might just have to compress the bass and drums.

Back