metal tune

What do you think? What does it need?

I think it's more what it doesn't need.;)

This is a pretty dense mix, and there's a lot of trippy stuff I hear back there that needs some space. Try cutting the main rythym guitar, bass and snare a bit in the low-mids to let that stuff shine through more. That should take care of the mud, although that snare may need more help in the "crack" dept. If that doesn't give the vocal enough room you may have to raise that a bit. I know vocals in metal like this shouldn't be too up-front, but these are pretty buried in there.

I'll refrain from any bottom-end critique since it's too late to crank up the big monitors.;)

Yup I know what you mean. They want all the parts like they recorded them in there but some of the guitar tracks were recorded with heavy chorus effects and delays. some stuff was even tracked with reverb

it's really a mess and a challenge

Shred

Reminds me of Grip,inc. .I think the actual sound is great.Love that snare.Hats are too loud.Vox too low.Don't bring em up too much.The guitars could use a little more EQing to distinguish them in the mix more.More volume might muddy the thing.Get a remix up soon I really dig this track...

Back