Metal songs require vocals

what do you use for drums? they sound killer. nice tunes. if u want low gutteral vox i could probably give it a shot if i can get some lyrics (not the best lyricist ever). nice guitar playin btw.

I DL'd Vacant, and might have a stab at it. I have some lyrics that didn't fit another tune, that might work here.

I've got a few phrases done on Vacant, but it seems pretty sparse so far. Did you have vox in mind during the faster kick sections? I've probably got more than enough lyrics for the tune, but don't know exactly where you had planned on them going. What do you plan on leaving bare?

Dogman said:
I've got a few phrases done on Vacant, but it seems pretty sparse so far. Did you have vox in mind during the faster kick sections? I've probably got more than enough lyrics for the tune, but don't know exactly where you had planned on them going. What do you plan on leaving bare?

Some growling/screaming that follows the melodic guitar during the fast kick part would work I reckon, I think also it would be a good place to have a primary vocal line (that follows the guitar) with some secondary screams and growls panned to the left and right, screams that not necessarily say anything just uh scream, hopefully that makes some sense? hahah
I think the only places I'd like to hear bare would be the start up until 0:46 (when the beat changes) and over the guitar solo.
These are just some ideas, not rules!

Curious on the SR16

I just bought an SR16 a little while back and I was curious what drum values you used for the Kick, Snare, High-Hat and toms. I also write metal tunes and I believe I have a good set together, I was curious on wha you were using.

Tunes Sound Cool!

Ron Cortese

RonCortese said:
I just bought an SR16 a little while back and I was curious what drum values you used for the Kick, Snare, High-Hat and toms. I also write metal tunes and I believe I have a good set together, I was curious on wha you were using.

Tunes Sound Cool!

Ron Cortese

Hey, I recorded this some time ago so I can't remember what the values were. I know it was the most metal sounding kick drum I could find, the snare I think was pretty tight that i tuned lower. If you listen to the songs and bang on some of the alesis pads at the same time you'd probably be able to match them up, sorry I can't be of more help.

Here's a pretty rough demo of Vacant. Let me know if you want me to keep working on it. This may not work for you.
Vacant

Dogman said:
Here's a pretty rough demo of Vacant. Let me know if you want me to keep working on it. This may not work for you.
Vacant

You got it going on here Dogman! :)

A few minor pitch issues, but like I said to you earlier Dogman, I think your vocals in this genre is the best I have heard from you yet!

Groty r00! :)

Dogman said:
Vacant

Hey man, you've got a great voice and I like your style. I think for this project I'm looking for some high screams/ low growls and the like, more death style vocals. Like I said you've got a strong voice and I'm not speaking out of my ass when I say I think you've got potential, in my opinion you'd be perfect in a hard rock or melodic metal enviroment. Thanks for taking the time to lay down the tracks, I truly appreciate it!

Hey, are you still looking for some vocals to this? I can lay some down similar to Death, Incantation, Immortal-type stuff. Hell, I'll probably do it anyway. Pretty cool songs.

xtjdx said:
Hey, are you still looking for some vocals to this? I can lay some down similar to Death, Incantation, Immortal-type stuff. Hell, I'll probably do it anyway. Pretty cool songs.

Yeah man, go for it! I think MetalHead is taking care of "the source" so if you want to try one of the other 3 tracks.

Back