Metal (progressive?) song

Hey Wireneck - I just listened to it on my headphones at work, and it sounds like a great song. Love the guitar work and how youve structured the song. Nothing seemed to jump out at me mix wise through the headphones but I'd like to give it a listen when I get home with my monitors..

i LOVE this kind of music. (bury your dead) shows you have real talent. :) not sure if it's just my speakers (i'm at work -- as usual, no monitor headphones) or what, but it seems really treble-y. i dunno, maybe emphasise the bass just a tad more? maybe it's ... ooops, i had the treble all the way up on the speakers for the death metal song . . . lmao!!!

now it sounds great. :) i wouldn't change anything.

Hey Wireneck - I had a chance to listen to it on my monitors last night and It sounds great. I thought maybe it needed a little low end cut as it seemed to boom a little through my sub more than some other tunes..

Thanks for the post man. I'll be watching for more stuff from you in the future.

Thanks for listening Lysis, especially since you took the time to check out both songs. I appreciate the comments as well.

Vestast-thanks for replying. I noticed the low end being a little too much when I cranked it on the sub in my car. I will prob just do a low cut on the mix when i start "mastering" the entire project.

second mix is up on my nowhere site. I cut some of the Low Lows on the bass and added a tad bit more click to the kick drum. I think I got it about where I want it. Any comments are appreciated.

This is a hot hit. I like this a lot. Very nice, clean sound. Sweet riffs too. Drums have a nice sound. I want to hear some vocals. It doesn't need it by any means, and stands very well as an instrumental, but there's a lot of space to work with some great vocals and harmonies in there.

I really like this.

Daenn- thanks for the listen. Wireneck was my main group for a few years but the other members lost interest and we eventually went our seperate ways. The Burden of Existence is just my way of staying busy untill I can find another "real" band. Thanks again for the listen.

Awesome. Very well done. Definitely works as an instrumental. Vocals could either make this song amazing or ruin it, would be interesting.

hey man, what can I say that I aint already. It's on for me all the way. Your buddy handles that cymbal bell as tasteful as a fine rhine wine..If anything I'd move the whole thing back in soundscape a touch and make it a hair wider for a bit more big stage feel. you really got something, Id buy...in heartbeat

Rhythmschism- you are completely right about the vocals. I wrote this stuff with the thought that there might be vocals at some point but im not really sure how they would work out. I guess it would just take the right person and voice.

Toki- thanks for your compliments. Someone else told me that the stereo image was a little narrow on the drums. We didn't really get a chance to fine tune the mic placement due to some schedule conflicts. I think my overhead placement was probably not as good as it could have been. Too late now to do anything about it though. Be on the lookout, there will be at least 2 or 3 more songs for this project.

Wow.

Interesting choice of chords, melody, and rhythm. It really kept me listening. Loved the in your face guitars and bass.

I've just started recording bass guitar so I find myself listening a lot more to bass in other people's music.

Bravo

Oh man....i just wanted to get up and start doing some King diamond vocals....some very noice rythms and bridge's. Actually songs damn fine with no vocals, i was suprised.

I actually wouldnt change a thing as far as the mix goes.

Wait i take that back....stop kicking my speakers' ass!

Again fine job

Back