Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: METAL METAL METAL and more METAL!!!

Thanks

METAL METAL METAL and more METAL!!!

Sign in to disable this ad
    Here is a mix thats been giving me some fits....I feel like Im having most of my trouble in the low end, but Iv been listening for 2 days now.....what are you hearing???

thanks for any comments....

GET YOUR METAL HERE

Thanks
    First thing that jumps out at me is the kick drum - I like its clickiness. The guitar tone is decent too. The snare could come up in the mix a bit I think. It's hard I'm sure, but it's almost inaudible during the blast beats. I think this is a solid mix. Keep it up!
    [B][COLOR=DarkRed]Listen to my songs at[/COLOR]:[/B]
    [url]http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/discography.php?aid=2076[/url]
    [B][/B]
    The purpose of a cable is to get stuck under everything in its path.

Thanks
    thanks....even before posting, I had gone back to raise the snare a bit...but since I had already uploaded this version, I just stuck with it for now...so nothing major in the low end to you??? maybe its just ear fatigue....but I thought I was hearing something...

thanks...anyone else?? c'mon Dogman...dont let me down!!!

Thanks
    I agree the drums could use a bit of work. I don't really hear a snare, and to me, the kick could use more depth. Just a little boom from it maybe. No problem at all with the guitars for me. Nice sound there. Cymbals seem prety good, and vox sit pretty well. When it's quiet, the snare sounds ok. Translate that into the rest of the tune. Again, cymbals fit good in the interlude. Guitars never seem to suffer at all. Kick is present, but could just use a little more body, for me.

No real problems, just a few nits.
    Ed
    Honey Badger is badass...he don't give a shit.

Thanks
    great song by the way....vocals r awsome. i would maybe just add a tiny low end to the guitar....bring up the snare...and try to get that bass drum a little tighter in the mix (not meaning tighten up heads) and u should have one killer mix

Thanks
    I'll echo the previous posts - just some more work on the drums might do here. Pretty cool tune.....Vocals are really cool....nice work!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thajeremy
    Here is a mix thats been giving me some fits....I feel like Im having most of my trouble in the low end, but Iv been listening for 2 days now.....what are you hearing???

thanks for any comments....

GET YOUR METAL HERE

Hey thajeremy,

Firstly the most important thing is that the guitars sound great, the dynamics and the seperation is sounding sweet, maybe bring them forward in the mix, especially in a song of this genre!

The drums are the area I feel needs the most work. The cymbals sound like tin foil, or can lids. The decay is too short (I think I have that the right way around!). The snare could do with a slight boost by a few db's in the mids just to give it more snap.
    The kick drum in the busier sections seems to get buried in the mix. Perhaps a boost around the 100kHz by a couple of db's, to try and seperate it from the bass.
    The bass is very undistinguishable from the overall mix, However with the kick and bass seperation will perhaps sought this. I would like to hear the bass guitar clean and a little more prominent in the mix, again this genre is angst driven by the guitars.

The vocals are recorded fine (not my particular cup of tea) however they have been captured very sweetly! Reminds me of a young Phil Anselmo......that's a compliment!

Once again the guitars sound great.

A little more work and you have a kick ass tune!

Well done!

Thanks
    WOW!!! THis is a great recording!!! I am more into straight forward death metal but this is great. I am so jelous of the mix and recording. Do you have any other songs? I would love to check them out.

I have one song I have recorded and am having a hell of a time mixing. Since your into heavy music maybe you could give it a listen and let me know what you think. Here is my one song: Killing You

Peter

Thanks
    Snare's definitely flat. I like the kick sound though, plenty of boom on my system with some definition.

Creative stuff, at least to these non-metal ears. Lyrically I have no clue WTF you're saying for most of the song. Are you singing for real or making fun of those style singers? Sorry, I laughed a few times.
    The Boogeymen
    www.the-boogeymen.com

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodsoaked
    Do you have any other songs? I would love to check them out.
    yup...I do have more...Ill post a link this afternoon...

Thanks everyone...Ill work on the drums some this afternoon and see what I can come up with...

Quote Originally Posted by Pinky
    Lyrically I have no clue WTF you're saying for most of the song. Are you singing for real or making fun of those style singers?
    This isnt me or a band that im in. Just some locals that have me working on 8 songs.

Thread Information