Metal! - (first post)

XerXes

i am the one who is who i
hi there!
i'm working on some songs, and am reaching the mixing stage, and ithis is my first attempt at any mixing. i appreciate any comments/suggestiongs. my main goal is to learn about the mixing process.
these songs are just rough mixes. my goal is not "ultra-overproduction" - i like a raw sound, yet i am also looking for clarity.

also i am mainly interested in feedback of the song "exits", but listen to them all and tell me what you think.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2411&alid=-1

I think the guitar could stand to be a little more ballsy, more in your face. Perhaps a little more mids in it? Other wise, a pretty cool tune, kinda shades of Maiden and Sabbath come to mind. It would be interesting to see what kind of vocals you'd put on it. I'm hearing either Cradle of Filth type vox or King Diamond, hehe!

werewolf

thanks for the reply..

hehe i love cradle of filth... but alas there shall be no vocals on this song . . . just the girl speaking.

well, once the intro is done and you get into the main part it isn't as full of the high end, which is nice...i'm not sure how heavy you want it to be but i would either change the tone for a more heavy feel....i would probably take some of the snare away, it's a little overpowering....i like the where the bass is in the mix, i would try adding maybe another guitar track and change the mids like suggested before........keep it metal

Back