messin about

Bulls Hit

I've had this tune kickin around for over a year & could never get any vocal inspiration happening, so I took some outtakes of the guys from a jam we recorded recently and did some dubbing.

Do they blend at all or just sound stupid?

I think it's cool. Your grooves are always dirty and mean. I like it.

I would have maybe had a few vocals snippets totally dry, to stand out from the others that all have a delay on them. Maybe find that one coolest vocal hook that can almost be a "chorus" and come back to that once in a while. I'm just rambling...but I dig this.

Pretty spacey - the way you've cut and spliced the talking is cool. It has it's good moments when the vocals really blend with the beat of the music. When it's choppy, it seems a little out of focus. Not bad overall...

Guys thanks for your thoughts on this. I've changed tack on this now - the retrofitting doesn't really work. I think I'll put the vocal snippets over a drum groove with a few sparse guitars. Cheers

Could do with more kick to help discern the driving beat. :) You always have a cool sound with good element of electronic thrown. It works well. Obviously, this won't be the rock ballad that you'll use for a single but this could be the "Private Investigation" on your album is you were Dire Straits. :)

It seems like there is just too much going on. I love the sounds you have captured (always do), but I am just not feeling the connection between the music and the voices...and I am generally pretty receptive to unusual/experimental arrangements. I like your new plan though...place these voices over a more repetitive groove-oriented thing...

bigbubba, heatmiser...thanks for the comments. I've redone it & replaced that clip with a new one, bigger drums, more space. Probably better this way

bigbubba, heatmiser...thanks for the comments. I've redone it & replaced that clip with a new one, bigger drums, more space. Probably better this way

I'm accessing the original link above so I assume this is the latest mix...

Drums really sound good on the mix... Seems like a bunch more vocal/drum/music syncopation on this clip compared to before...which I prefer. The cut-offs are a little choppy at the end of some of the clips, but they are infrequent. Yes, I like this version a whole lot more... You always have some really cool stuff BH....:D

really original stuff....!
I like the idea with the voices, like they said above, maybe a little less delay here and there. But definitely interesting sound. :cool:

ido1957 - Hey thanks for coming back. Yeah I think this version hangs together better. Cheers man

joeym - The vocal effects were already 'set in stone', so it was just a question of sliding them around to see where they fit best. Thanks for the listen joey

heatmiser - Thanks man. Again!

bigbubba - Thanks for checking it out again. Yeah I 'm happy with the guitar sound on this. They all went through my new Rocktron Utopia. It was recommended to me by some dudes in the Guitar & Bass forum and I'm really liking it

This is bringing smiles to my face. It sounds so funny with the snippets. Almost reminds me of something the Beastie Boys would have done. It's very cool sounding overall.

monkeymanx - Yeah I must admit the B Boys were in the back of my mind when I put this together. Heh well spotted! Thanks for the listen

Sorry I'm late to the party, but I've been out of town on a laptop for most of the month....:D

Pretty cool stuff man..just some crazy party music. I like the sounds, and the vibe I get from it...wouldn't mind hearing some bigger, nastier drums, but that's just because...:D

Cool stuff man...:cool:

Cool stuff man. I really like some of those effects on the left voices that come in and out, real trippy on my headphones. Guitars sound good. You record all your drums live right? I really like that hi-hat sound. Unique stuff man i can see the beastie influence but it sounds pretty original to me. A real fun track man wish i had something more constructive to offer.

Take care dude
Gary

It is a little repetitive for my taste but I dig the drum sounds. You always get a very recognizable and cool sound in your work. I don't think it would work in all context but you always seem to make it work well for you. This reminds me (mostly in musical approach rather than style) of some of the more random Tool tracks. I think the voices work well but it seemed just a little too long. Could be cool in the context of something larger?

I've had this tune kickin around for over a year & could never get any vocal inspiration happening, so I took some outtakes of the guys from a jam we recorded recently and did some dubbing.

Do they blend at all or just sound stupid?

Weird, but I like it. Drums are a little clippy... By design? Sort of a "Industrial on methadone" thing going on... Sure does make you pay attention. Neat stuff!! Nice and gritty.

I really like this one a lot. Very unique sounding. I love the random vox sounds that pop in. I wouldn't change too much. It is what it is. It's fun and interesting!

Dogman - Heh better late than never Ed. I've got a new head on the snare which sounds so much better than the old one and I tried to scrunch it just enough to dirty it up without killing all the nice attack. But you're right, nastier drums would work well too. Thanks dude!

gbav
- Yep the drums is real. Thanks a lot for the good feedback Gary

Wireneck - I wanted to leave lots of space for the vocal effects, so yeah there's not a whole lot going on. Thanks for the comments.

Llarion - Yep grit is good, unless it's sand in your sandwiches :D Thanks for the listen Llarion

blkdog7 - Well you're right there. It's what it is. Thanks man!

Back