mellow tune...

pikingrin

what is this?
Got bored yesterday and cranked this one out real quick. Guitar is an Es-135 through a blues jr. recorded with an audix i5. i used a mxl601 on the vocals 'cause it sounds better when i don't sing as loud because i don't know what i'm singing... :o

Anyway, I like it. Have a listen if you get a chance and let me know how it could be better! The song is called "times" and it is the first one up on the page.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=683384

Thanks for the listen!

i dig it. has a june of 44 thing going...a bit ambient, groovin', warm, organic, stoney...

i think the tom sound you got is the best i've ever heard here, bar none. i suspect it has more to do with sound source and tuning than anything else--care to divulge what drums you're playing and what mics you used, placement, etc?

the guitars are nicely mixed--this many affected signals can get chaotic, but you keep it open enough to be spacey, not cluttered.

i think the vocal sound is perfect for what you've aimed for here. overall i'd say you nailed an atmosphere, a mood...well done.

Thanks for the feedback!!

Actually, it's funny you mention the drums... I guess you could say they were recorded for me in a sense. I use BFD for my drums... :o Probably why they sound decent!

And I would have to agree with the mood thing... I was kind of trying to go for the same kind of theme as a song that the smashing pumpkins did, the last track on Gish I think, where the vocals are beyond recognition.

Anyway, I appreciate the positive feedback! Thank you for listening!!

Back