Megaman!

I think yours sounds good as is volume-wise. I'm sure they would sound even better if you sent them to a mastering engineer. The Airship theme you heard was a pre-mastered version. I had a recording buddy of mine "master" (mastering is loosly used here, EQ, compression, and limiting heh) the Airship theme and it sounds much better. The drums in the Airship theme (Pearl Forums) were tracked using 4 mics, oh what I wouldn't do to be able to mic a full kit...

I'm curious, how did you record the guitar? What guitar, amp, preamp, and positioning did you use?

I used a gibson les paul special that I bought years ago when I wanted to learn to play guitar. I then plugged it into an effects processor called the "Pandora" and then directly into my audio card.

Ah, cool. I should probably just PM you with these questions...oh well.

What other games do you play and songs do you intend to cover?

I plan on doing more megaman songs because they are easily adapted to a rock and roll style. I'll also do some songs from Castlevania and Street Fighter 2.

I also remastered both of the songs linked in this thread so that they are more compressed and limited without distortion or clipping. Now the wave forms closely resemble 2x4's as somebody once said...

Back