Meaty drums?

I like the kick sound. The snare seems a little thin, but I'm not on good speakers right now. Then again, it might sound fine in a mix.
Need to hear some toms!

I like the kick sound. The snare seems a little thin, but I'm not on good speakers right now. Then again, it might sound fine in a mix.
Need to hear some toms!

Thanks Metalhead.

Yeah the snare is intentially like that. I think it would work well in a mix more than just a raw drum mix.

Cheers,
Eck

Its samples that I recorded.
Real drums but samples of real drums. (tried to make a smile here, but it tunred out as a frownfor some reason!)

To me sounds like the drums are in time.
Not sure what you mean by bad quantized take.

Cheers all,
Eck

Eck, are you using samples for the hats?
Again, sounds like a loop to me...

All drums are samples that I recorded. :D
I was just messing around trying to get a meaty ass drum sound. Think I'm on my way to getting it. I think the kick is there, the snare has some work to do but I'm getting close to the sound I'm looking for.

Cheers for listening.
Eck

Sounds pretty decent...get them in a mix, and you'll really know, but nothing seems to sound bad.

The drums don't sound "bad" per se, however they don't sound entirely real or authentic. How many samples are you using per piece?

Here's my guess:

You don't have triggers, and you're using drumagog to convert analog signal to trigger samples. There seems like there's absolutely NO dynamics in your take....which would make sense if it's just a simple one point threshold... which isn't always bad (if it's supposed to be consistent in a mix). Let me know if I'm right or not....also seems like your midi track has quantization on it. My guess would be 16th note quantization...maybe 8th....more like 16th though. I love guessing games!

-Joel

The drums don't sound "bad" per se, however they don't sound entirely real or authentic. How many samples are you using per piece?

I only had 3 kick drums, 1 top snare, 1 bottom snare, a couple of OH snares and 2 hi hat samples! lol
Yeah it doesnt sound very authenic, but I was just playing with my samples to see how good a sound I could get. Still got some work to do before I'm ready to use them for a release.

Cheers,
Eck

Here's my guess:

You don't have triggers, and you're using drumagog to convert analog signal to trigger samples. There seems like there's absolutely NO dynamics in your take....which would make sense if it's just a simple one point threshold... which isn't always bad (if it's supposed to be consistent in a mix). Let me know if I'm right or not....also seems like your midi track has quantization on it. My guess would be 16th note quantization...maybe 8th....more like 16th though. I love guessing games!

-Joel

Totally wrong Joel! :)
I used samples that I recorded and just copy and pasted them in to make a drum beat. No quantization needed, and all samples started at the right point (i.e no gap of nothing at the start of the samples)

Thanks man,
ps. Yeah the dynamics are meant to be flat like that, I play in a heavy rock/metal band so the dynamics are usually pretty flat!

Check us out if you get a chance.
Our album is in all the major record stores now, yaa! :P

www.myspace.com/serotoneband

Back