me me me!

Reco...I too have used a little casio for percussion..I even used it to get a caliope - like sound on a half-ass country song I wrote for an aspiring really young female. She loved the song, her parents ran out of money and got divorced and she still has my demo wherever she is..My point is, by all means, use whatever you have, but scrimp,save, connive or whatever and try to upgrade your percussion. I still use some built-in stuff on one of my keyboards, that I can control, but I add some stuff with a drum machine too, to relieve the same ol' same ol' beat. You write well and your guitar work is really good. IMHO, tho, I'd like to hear your vocals above the overall volume in all your songs...maybe that's just the often rejected songwriter in me, but if lyrics are written, they need to be heard...seems to make the whole thing come together as you probably heard it in your own head...you did good.....gibs

hey man thanks! and hey i do have better drum sounds (acid, steinberg b-box, sample cds, boss dr-110) im getting a dr-770 or alesis something 16 soon but once in a while i do like the sound of a cheezie keyboard drum set, my buddy uses yahmaha keyboards for this...

and yeah i know the vocals are buried a bit to much but they were sort of my first recordings and wasnt very confident at the time and dont have the originals to remix so there you are... my friend (Reed Sutter, check him out to he totaly cool) described my stuff as : "1-man Lofi buried vocal noise pop" in his links on mp3.com, that describes it well to me...
thanks again.
p.s. i wish more people would look at my stuff.Oh well.

Back