Masters

Boy, you'd think that for free, they'd be looking for slaves... This S&M crowd, I dunno...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

Oh, I kill me... :D :D

Do a search for master by mail.
Someone said they are good. :eek: :eek: :eek:

PS
B-Bear can you tell me what the differance is between a sm57 and a sm58.

timboZ said:
Do a search for master by mail.
Someone said they are good. :eek: :eek: :eek:
Yes - they're excellent!!! They use "certified" audio engineers there - whatever that means! :cool:
(man! tough to say that and keep a straight face!!)

timboZ said:
PS
B-Bear can you tell me what the differance is between a sm57 and a sm58.
SM58 - SM57 = SM01 :p :p

The SM58 is geared towards being primarily a vocal mic.

The SM57 covers everything else ... although it is commonly used for snare/hi hat applications, as well as recording electric guitar. It is probably the worlds least expensive, highest quality all purpose mic.

Hope that helps.

Kev.

K-dub said:
The SM58 is geared towards being primarily a vocal mic.

The SM57 covers everything else ... although it is commonly used for snare/hi hat applications, as well as recording electric guitar. It is probably the worlds least expensive, highest quality all purpose mic.

Hope that helps.

Kev.

dude....we were kidding about the sm57 - 58 comments. Those are BlueBears favorite mics in the whole world...its actually the only mics he owns....He uses them for everything from drum overheads to talk-back mics. Seems like I remember him talking about even recording farts with them on an ocassion or two. :p

I have a terribly hard time with The new shure junk. I have some 60s, 70s, and 80s shure mics and they are really ahead of the new stuff.

I have a late 70s/80s shure prologue which looks like a 57, but man this thing is sweet! Clear, midrangy, bassy- just perfect for toms. Some of the 70s shure stuff is a delight, like the Unisphere 1

Cheers

Cheers for any and all help on the masters front. Will be looking into it!

..."Never Heard of Shure"... wow! 57 & 58 are very robust, fairly cheap (£70) dynamic (moving coil) mics. not a great high end response, worth having in your collection though (P.S the Beta 57/58 are much nicer and a little more sensitive)

Thanx again
Chris

Back