Mastering?

ecktronic

Mixing and Mastering.
What yous think of the two masters? What one is better and is there much diference in the two masters?

"Blackout MASTER"
"Blackout NEW MASTER"

Link at bottom. Cheers.
Eck.

Listening right now. Master sounds very good. Really like the song.

I'm thinking the new master has some crisper highs in it. Cymbals and vocs seem to have just a bit more depth. Don't really know, just seems so on my system. Very hard to tell, as both seem pretty well done. Not much different, so don't take what I say as too much. Nice tune.
Ed

Cheers Dogman. Bad point about the mix is the guitars sounding too fizzy if you know what i mean.
I prefer the new master as you said it seems to have more crisp highs.
I think it is punchier and also alot clearer than the old master. Anyone agree or disagree with this?

The drums and guitar in 'New Master' definitely sound brighter, crisper and clearer. Vocals seem about the same...but very good.
Nice song too.

ecktronic said:
I think it is punchier and also alot clearer than the old master. Anyone agree or disagree with this?

Still to hot on the highs overall IMO.

Great song! Singer's got a Billy Joe Armstrong thing goin' that I like.

Cheers all. Emergencyexit, Yeah the snare is compressed? Do you think it isnt? Im quite liking the sound of the snare and kick drum, they sound pretty big and punchy.

VSpaceBoy, not sure if there is too much hi end. Are the cymbals too harsh? I cant judge as i am using Sennheiser HD200 headphones rather than nice monitors with better response.

Could be me missing those frequencies becasue of my shitty headphones. Ill have to take all my masters into the studio and have a good listen to them before releasing the album. Could it be MP3 convertion that is making the cymbals distorted almost?

Blame Game

ecktronic said:
Could be me missing those frequencies becasue of my shitty headphones. Ill have to take all my masters into the studio and have a good listen to them before releasing the album. Could it be MP3 convertion that is making the cymbals distorted almost?

No,asshole,it would be "bad engineering" that make the cymbals distort.
Don't blame your amateurish skills on "mp3 conversion"-LOL!!!
You are amusing.Accept it,dude,you suck really badly...
Ted Philips/Mystery Records

ecktronic said:

would much have liked a 192kbps version to comment on the mastering :/

I think the second master is a lot better. Judging from the difference between the two, you might wanna keep going and make another one. But this doesn't sound distorted on my system or in my ears :)

But using proper monitors is definitely a good idea. The second half of this track sounds really good, i hear a loooot of pearl jam in this. Particularly the singer is such a sucker for it... :)

madmush said:
would much have liked a 192kbps version to comment on the mastering :/

I think the second master is a lot better. Judging from the difference between the two, you might wanna keep going and make another one. But this doesn't sound distorted on my system or in my ears :)

But using proper monitors is definitely a good idea. The second half of this track sounds really good, i hear a loooot of pearl jam in this. Particularly the singer is such a sucker for it... :)
Cheers Madmush, but I aint sure if the singer has ever been into or likes Pearl jam! He did grow up listening to Faith no more which was his favorite band for ages and still might be. That is where he takes alot of influence in his singing from
Ta.

ecktronic said:
Cheers Madmush, but I aint sure if the singer has ever been into or likes Pearl jam! He did grow up listening to Faith no more which was his favorite band for ages and still might be. That is where he takes alot of influence in his singing from
Ta.

Yeah,Right!Your "band" sounds like a
Pearl Jam karaoke-band!!LMAO!!!

Ok while im back at the top (and no not soundclick like someone we know is!! ha ha :D)
of the clinic, any more comments please.
If anyone has decent monitors that can sound out the high high frequencies, is the "NEW MASTER" fine.

i like the old master better

seems like your not trying so hard on that one
but.... thare is a bunch of distortion on both versions (more so on new)

what's the mastering chain like, all digital? compresser then limiter?
whats the deal, something is getting hit to hard.

just a mix note, i'd really like more vox.

good song.

Reactions: NL5
Back