Mastered sorta this song..

drumminsnowman

hey, i was wondering what everyone thinks of this song:

i have posted it before, but i did a little bit of tweaking to it: from adding some bass, to fixing the bassdrum, to lowering the vocals.

so i consider it pretty much done.

one other complaint was that it didnt sound like the whole band was playing together that well. i couldnt really fix that, obviously.
but, yeah lemme hear what u think about this song

link---

<a href="http://herecomesthesunwalk.com/12.MP3"> Click here</a>

The bass still needs definition.
The rest is pretty good.
There were a few untogether moments at the beginning.
I'd pull some of the bottom out of the bass guitar to give the bass drum some space & give a fair boost upper mids & top of the bass guitar to give it the definition.
Good song, better this time around.
IF you can do that little thing with the bass guitar it'd really, REALLY, bring the whole thing together.
Good work.

Listened on headphones so can't comment on the bass, but agree messy in parts at the beggining, but much tighter mid - end. This isn't a genre i really listen to but i did enjoy the song. The vocals seemed a tad dry. Maybe you could effect them towards the end of the song for a little variation.

thank you for the ideas. im gonna go tweak the bass up, and maybe add a little something to the vocals (idk, ill have to work on something to sound natural but cool)... and then im considering it FINISHED!!

im so glad. its finally over!
now i can goto sleep :)

The "weakest" point in the mix (my opinion) are the drum/bass

Take a look in all the tracks.

I´m not hearing definition on hi hat (maybe adding eq in mid higs/higs can help).

Bass drum / bass guitar are not "working" together , have no sufficient punch, no attack here , the low frequencies are a little "messy".Try eq (using different frequencies for the BD and the bass, to a more "punch" result).

Snare "lacks" punch too. Try eq and even compressor , with (for example)~50 ms (attack) and short time realeses (~50ms ) . experiment different values... who knows compression can help to get (maybe, I said maybe) a more "punchy sound".

Another point to the "next mix": drum sounds low in comparision with GTR / VOCALS too (one more reason to seems that the band are not "playing together")

(Hey, Guitar and Vocal sounds good to me. :cool: )

*A hi pass filter in the final mix/master will help too

Last edited:
yeah, i was listening a few hours ago... and i heard the drums were quieter than the rest of the instruments... so i added a few db's ...

as for the eqing of the drums: it sucks, becuase its all on one track; i cant record them as multiple tracks for each drum... so, i can try eqing and compressing in a way to manipulate only certain drums, but its hard.

The bass needs punch... should i eq more high/mid into the bass so its more punchy/ or cut the lows out so the bass drum is more present?

ill mess around and tell ya what happens

If you master the little tweaks mentioned here by the other posters, this will be a pretty darn good tune.

Fun, catchy, in your face the way I like it! CoooooL!

Back