Master of Puppets (vocals by Sam)

CrankyOne

Ok, here goes. Sam was kind enough to sing some vocals for a Metallica cover I did. Tell me what you think. Rip it apart if you have to :D

:D AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU!!! :D

GOOD LORD MAN! You should post a warning that if exposed to this at moderate to loud level, small children and animals will implode.:eek:
Jeezus H Christ. What can I say. Bullseye.

Wow,great guitar sound!
Those tempo changes,man how do you do that?
The playing was fantastic,and Sams vocals rock!

Nice interlude and modulation!
I thought this was masterfully written,performed,and mixed.
Great job Crankey and Sam on the collab!
You guys ROCK!

Have a great New Year,

Pete

Bravo !

Cranky,
You are the master of electronic drums.
You play them better than most "real Drummers"
A real bold mix.
All I can add is bring up( or EQ) the bass drum.
Its a tad lost on the fast parts.

I don't buy for one minute that Sam is singing.

:cool:

Or at least he wasn't in on the vocal mix!
Fine Job!

jcmm said:
Bravo !

Cranky,
You are the master of electronic drums.
You play them better than most "real Drummers"
A real bold mix.
All I can add is bring up( or EQ) the bass drum.
Its a tad lost on the fast parts.

I don't buy for one minute that Sam is singing.

Or at least he wasn't in on the vocal mix!
Fine Job!

To my ears the kick drum was already almost overkill, but I guess I was wrong :D

...and I'll let Sam response to your singing remark :D :D

I am so jealous when I hear something that's dead on beat. The timing is so good that I can't believe it's doable! Loving the transition to that guitar solo!

Good one, Sam sounds madder and madder that I am afraid to say anything about his vocal, haha j/k

AL

Beautiful.... beautifull.... epic...

A collab that was just too good of an idea not to happen. Rocks ass. Sounds great. Sam sounds unbelievable... the energy of Hetfield, the intensity of Ozzy... a third voice that does the song justice in a big way. Guitars are huge, as usual. Drums are great.

How many times can you say "great" in a response, and still have it mean something? EH. Doesn't matter cuz here it comes again.

Great job. When do you guys tour?

-C

I've never listened to Metallica but this sounds great.....that's Sam?.........cool!..........nice guitar work........maybe just the least little bit thin guitar sound......great drumming; are those real?............very tight; good timing.....mix is powerful and detailed......cool transition at the end.....the dbled gits are cool......nice ride...I like the delay.....geez...no wonder it's 11 MB...I don't have any trouble hearing the kick........
..................this totally rocks man.

Great job guys!

This flat-out rocks! If my 3-year-old wasn't sleeping in the other room I would have grabbed a guitar and played along.

The guitars were a bit thin but other than that the mix is great. Cranky's the king of canned drums!:)

It's ccol to hear Sam sing (yell?) like that. Brings a smile to the 'ol mug.:D

Great job guys... Very tight. It smokes. What more can I say. This was a cover we did in my old band in 91. I don't chop my breakfast on a mirror anymore though-lol...
Myx

Thank you guys. Thank you A LOT. I agree that the guitars may be a bit thin. I'll never find the right sound for me, but I'm always searching. It seems that it's either kickass drums or a kickass guitar sound, but not both :D I guess I'll go search the kickass guitar sound on my next song if I can.

And I have to tell you, I was completely blown away by Sam's vocals. They're so angry and all that. Very cool.

I love Metallica....I love the Crankster... I love the Samicide ij....

what a combo. you guys blow the shit out of the clinic....

Cranky...you've got the "tightness" down.. and I love the gtrs...

this is by far and away the best cover of a song I have ever heard. what a way to wake up on a tuesday morning.

damn, those gtrs!!!

oh yeah...best internet colab by miles...and miles...and miles... literally!!

damn, those gtrs!!! man the torpedoes!!!

when I saw Cranky mention in another M.O.P. thread that he had a version and was looking for someone to sing it, I contacted him immediately.. I figured it was out of my range, but I wanted it anyway.. I have been listening to this song since I was in school.. He sent me the file in the morning, and I sent it back in the evening..

I don't normally sweat when I sing, but I had to take my shirt off for this one.. It made me realize that I have been singing like a little girl on most of my recent originals.. :o

I can't imagine anyone other than Metallica doing the music better..

thanks for letting me in Crank! Your music makes this version, not my vocals..

Attachments

• james-hetfield-day-on-the-green-live.jpg
    james-hetfield-day-on-the-green-live.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 175
B.SABBATH said:

Your music makes this song, not my vocals..
Oh, I think I disagree. The music kicks MAJOR ass for sure but teh vocal is the glue that pulls it together.

Holy shit, does this kick ass!

This just simply KICKS ASS!!!!!

.......the collaboration from hell! This was meant to happen.

Im listening to this on my puter at work, so im gonna wait til i get home to get into the mix. This is just all great. I was hoping one of you guys would cover this tune. IMO, this was there best album.

Cranky, ......blistering man.....(why do i feel like ive said that before?:) )

.....and Sam...... fucking Deadly man. ....very very nice job. The levels hit me as being just a touch low on the vocs....but i think that may be these computer speakers. Your performance on this is just plain killer. ......cant wait to hear it clearly on the puter at home.

Outstanding collaboration fellas!!!

g ...w/ a blown away 5......If i could give 10 stars, I would.....
.....oh wait, ...I can post again:D

Back