Make My Dreams Come True

Great tune, the vox remind me very much of a certain Steve Winwood, when he played with Spencer davies Group.

The drums are machine right?:confused:

I wish you guys got this tuen recorded with real drums, it would give even more texture.

But the song alone was very strong, and regardless of real drums or not I loved it.

Thanks for sharing

Great tune, the vox remind me very much of a certain Steve Winwood, when he played with Spencer davies Group.
The drums are machine right?:confused:
I wish you guys got this tuen recorded with real drums, it would give even more texture.
But the song alone was very strong, and regardless of real drums or not I loved it.
Thanks for sharing
Thanks Nakatira - I've had a few Steve Winwood comparisons - and I appreciate the compliment! The drums are written in midi in Cakewalk. I played them out of the computer soundcard to an analog tape deck, then played them back from there onto my ADAT (all stereo tracking). I've since started using my Yamaha keyboard for drum because the samples? or sounds of the drums are pretty nice...and it takes less work.

Thanks Nakatira - I've had a few Steve Winwood comparisons - and I appreciate the compliment! The drums are written in midi in Cakewalk. I played them out of the computer soundcard to an analog tape deck, then played them back from there onto my ADAT (all stereo tracking). I've since started using my Yamaha keyboard for drum because the samples? or sounds of the drums are pretty nice...and it takes less work.
I have to do the same thing with the yamaha keyboard.:o

I have a yamaha dd-50, but I can't record it because I don't like the fact that it puts the snare hard left, and I can't record each drum on its own.

Nice tune. I had to listen to it low-fi because of my jacked up internet connection, but even there it sounded nice.

I love the sound of the bass!

Wow. Mike came through with a great bass line & the tone grabs it's own space.
You've brought that out with the mix really well - particularly during the solo - speaking of which it's a really cool stinger.
The drums work well except maybe the hihat - but I'm not sure.
Vocals are ACE!
Exemplary song craft.

Last edited:
I have to do the same thing with the yamaha keyboard.:o

I have a yamaha dd-50, but I can't record it because I don't like the fact that it puts the snare hard left, and I can't record each drum on its own.

Nice tune. I had to listen to it low-fi because of my jacked up internet connection, but even there it sounded nice.

I love the sound of the bass!

Thanks Rokket - A fellow Yamaha owner.... :cool:
Yamaha makes a great keyboard (mine is a DGX305)! :D

Sounds pretty dang good to me Ido. Nice sounds all around.

Man, if you want, I can try to add some real drums to it. Sounds straight forward enough. PM me if you're interested.

Thanks Ray and Greg_L for the listen and the kind words! Mike added a great bass line to this. I'm glad you like the way it's mixed, too.

Cool tune man....I really like the vibe to this one. Has a great, classic rock feel to it....it does remind me of something Winwood would do.

With this particular song, I think it would sound cool if you compressed teh whole mix some, and pumped it up, making it pretty big...don't kill all the dynamics, but making it bigger would fit the nature of what I hear....just a thought. This tune has a great rhythm to it....very cool. :cool:

Yup, I like the new bass part, it adds a lot. The drums are fine, maybe a tad dry? As always, its a very good song. The solo could probably be a little louder. Very nice, as usual.:cool:

Hi Gerry. I liked this the first time round. It sounds great with the bass.

It seems a bit brighter than the one I had downloaded before. I liked the warmth in the other one better...but that is really the only nit pick I have...other than real drums. I think those would kick butt.

I have a Yamaha DGX203 and the drum samples on it stink.:D

I will be looking forward to hearing another version, if you get that dood, who doesn't play girly toms to lay down some tracks for you.:D

Yup, I like the new bass part, it adds a lot. The drums are fine, maybe a tad dry? As always, its a very good song. The solo could probably be a little louder. Very nice, as usual.:cool:
Thanks David. Mike is a great bass player - his bass parts tend to be musical and complex. They include little fills that allow a three piece arrangement to sound much fuller than it is. :cool:
Solos seem to be low on a couple of my latest mixes. Not sure what that's all about. :confused:
Hi Gerry. I liked this the first time round. It sounds great with the bass. It seems a bit brighter than the one I had downloaded before. I liked the warmth in the other one better...but that is really the only nit pick I have...other than real drums. I think those would kick butt.
Thanks True - My mixing is always changing :rolleyes: sometime for the better and sometimes not haha. I'm always learning. :D

Back