Mad Dog World

:D

That's awesome, man.

To be honest, I fucked with pretty much every aspect that everyone commented on for this tune. I've spent my morning trying different EQ's on the snare, and the one I have on this still works best for me. I tried different saturation plugs on my vocals after reading DM's comments, and couldn't really make them sound better than they are. I even put that intro riff through an auto-tuner just to see if it could make it more in tune, and it looked like it couldn't find anything to correct. Though, I have to admit that I don't really know how to use an auto-tuner properly, since I never use them.

But I LOVE the feedback I get from you guys, because it at least makes me go back and try stuff. Sometimes, I change what I originally did, and sometimes it puts my mind at ease that what I did was the best I could have done to begin with.

Thanx guys.

I do this all the time - try everything people suggest. I keep forgetting it every time I mix a new song though. LOL or maybe I just suck at mixing.

Sounds good man, I agree that the intro part sounds a little out of tune with the rest, but it's not bad...That's really my only nit for the whole thing...Everything else sounds great IMO....Super job on the vocals as usual man...

Thanx man. Believe it or not, I actually tried putting the chorus vocals through some saturation and a few other things. It was a cool effect, but by the end of the tune, it ended up sounding too gimmicky. There are too many chosures and a lot of words in them, so the effect became tiresome by the end of the tune. But I hear the same thing you're hearing, it needs SOMETHING. What I did do was add a third harmony on the end of the last chorus, just to elevate it somehow.
Something you might try (if you haven't already), is maybe a light flanger on each one of the voices, maybe automate 'em differently to go up/down against each other during the part you want to stand out the most...just a thought dude...

Sounds good as it is though Rami...

I'm late to the party but felt i had to chime in. this turned out fantastic Rami. Super tight performance and that tightness carries through your mix as well. Great lyrics too man. I read the comment you made on the first page about gravitating to darkish types of lyrics. I can sympathize with that. I tried to write happy songs. It just alway end up in not a happy place. When i was writing lyrics. Lately it's been kind of stagnant in that department.

Great job.

Cool tune, man. The thing I like most is the way the guitars are layered. I love, love, love the slide guitar. During the intro, it sounded super lo-fi, and it persisted just long enough for me to wonder what was wrong with the song.. Then the drums came in and I was like, "Yeaaaahhh!!!" ... Then it got even better with the 2nd guitar part moving with the slide... Dude... Love the vibe. The more I listened, though, the more I got a sense that something was missing.

So, and I don't expect any changes to be made from this, but.. The guitars sound much angrier than the drums do. The drums are crisp, and nice, and poppy, with what sounds like a slight slap-back verb. The guitars, on the other hand, and grungy, dirty, and angry. It's like they wanna rip people apart. It's super subjective, but I couldn't help saying something because, man... If those drums sounded as angry as the guitars did... Gooooood stuff.

Anyway, thanks for posting, though. I always look forward to your next original. Great mojo here, dude. I really enjoyed this one.

Back