\m/Bring You Down

In the intro riff, is the phaseyness coming from mp3/soundcloud compression, or is that in your mix?

Your voice doesn't sound bad, but your FX chain is a little mid-rangey on it. You kind of sound like you're singing through a tin can.

Otherwise, the mix seems fine.

Nice recording, sounds really good to me, only thing is I'd bring the vocals up a good 2-3db. Its very annoying straining to hear them buried behind everything else.

Yes, the vocals sound like ass. I know it's considered dirty pool to blame equipment, but I have grown to hate this mic (or at least hate it on my voice *MXL990*). Good news is I just took delivery of a new SM58 just this afternoon and will be trying that in the future. Hopefully I'll get better results. Until then, here's a version with a few tweaks based on your collective feedback. Also, the intro is meant to sound that way, like a mix of a bass and a machine falling apart. Maybe a bad idea?

Bring You Down (Alt Vocal Mix) by GORE | Free Listening on SoundCloud

I've got one of those. Haven't used it in year due to it starting to glitch out 6 mo after I bought it.

Also, the intro is meant to sound that way, like a mix of a bass and a machine falling apart. Maybe a bad idea?

Really depends on your listeners' expectations. In a mix feedback setting like this, we're primed to listen for things that could be technical mistakes (uploading an mp3 to soundcloud) instead of intentional production choices.

New mix sounds much improved.

Back