The Luckiest man in the World

Bulls Hit

Some of you fine gentlemen had a listen and kindly commented on the Mopho jam I posted a couple of weeks ago. That was me noodling on my new Dave Smith synth. I sent that mp3 to my buddy Scott saying all it needed was a rocking vocal and he obliged not just with vocal but guitar, bass and a new arrangement to boot. So this is my first attempt at squeezing all that into a coherent mix. Interested in any suggestions for improvement or general feedback

MophoScottMix3.mp3 - Google Drive

Last edited:
This is very cool listening. One thing I would consider is to drop the level of the distorted synth way back in the mix during the verses. Drums and bass and the massive chords on the guitar is more than enough.
Good work!

This is very cool listening. One thing I would consider is to drop the level of the distorted synth way back in the mix during the verses. Drums and bass and the massive chords on the guitar is more than enough.
Good work!

Yep agreed. I pulled the synths back a couple of db and it all sits together better now. Thanks for the feedback

This feels like it's leaning pretty heavily to the right.

You mean politically....or on your headphones? :D

Yes! Love it !!!!! Maybe the synth could come down a little on the verse? I love that sound though , Drums, vocals , and, guitar sound great, props out to your bud! This is really cool Bulls Hit, well done!

Yes! Love it !!!!! Maybe the synth could come down a little on the verse? I love that sound though , Drums, vocals , and, guitar sound great, props out to your bud! This is really cool Bulls Hit, well done!

I've tweaked the synth down a bit and tried to make the bass more present. Cheers strat thanks for checking it out

Sounds really good to me man. I was cool with the original jam as is, but the additions your friend has made really make this more of a complete sounding song than I expected.

I think the sounds you both contributed mesh well together, and it seems like you've already taken the above feedback into account, as I'm not hearing those issues now.

As usual, I got nothin' for you - sorry! Did want to chime in though to let you know I really enjoyed the listen.

Sounds really good to me man. I was cool with the original jam as is, but the additions your friend has made really make this more of a complete sounding song than I expected.

I think the sounds you both contributed mesh well together, and it seems like you've already taken the above feedback into account, as I'm not hearing those issues now.

As usual, I got nothin' for you - sorry! Did want to chime in though to let you know I really enjoyed the listen.

Thanks for the listen heat. Appreciate the comments

Hi - I’m new. I can’t comment on technical stuff, but I can say it’s a really cool song.

Glad you liked it. Thanks for checking it out

I could imagine this all over college and modern rock radio. The vocal melodies are memorable and catchy, as is the vocal delivery and the groove of the song overall. Sounds like accomplished writing and great collaboration to me. Top marks guys, this is great.

This could easily be a hit song with the right audience. Plain as day.

Very cool vibes!

Cheers!

I could imagine this all over college and modern rock radio. The vocal melodies are memorable and catchy, as is the vocal delivery and the groove of the song overall. Sounds like accomplished writing and great collaboration to me. Top marks guys, this is great.

This could easily be a hit song with the right audience. Plain as day.

Thanks for the kind words. College radio though? Didn't think the kids listen to this kind of stuff anymore :D

Cool song and really impressive mix. Nothing stands out as needing any particular work...really like that doubled but different vocal passage...only minor criticism is that the vocal in the intro sounds a bit meh...nice work

Mark

Cool song and really impressive mix. Nothing stands out as needing any particular work...really like that doubled but different vocal passage...only minor criticism is that the vocal in the intro sounds a bit meh...nice work

Mark

Thanks Mark. Appreciate the feedback

Sounds great man i think the mix is good. I love all your stuff. I can always count on you for just the right mix of originality, wierdness, fat sound, and a cool groove.
Good job!

I love, love love the synths on this track - right up my alley. The vocal feels like it's floating over a bed track for some reason - I would love to hear it smashed, put some grit and maybe a hard pan delay on it and drop it down. Of course that's 90% stylistic choice, but I think it would totally fit.

Back