Low end balance and rythm help

grn

This is essentially a children's song or even a jingle. I don't even know what the words mean to be honest, but I'm pretty sure it's wholesome. I tracked it with an ex of mine awhile back, but I still enjoy it and find it charming in a quirky way. I think of it like "All Together Now" by the Beatles. I'll likely throw it on this project I'm working on.

In any case I can't tell if the bottom end is too muddy or not. I also don't know if I need to separate/pan the tracks more, but I feel like they work well fighting each other a little. Lastly, I wonder if I should add some sort of drums, but honestly I don't know that it needs it for what it is. Does it have enough punch/energy?

View attachment 12.22.20 - Uno Gatito (The Cat Song)_mixdown.mp3

Edit: Annnd I spelled rhythm wrong in the title... nice.

I don't even know what the words mean to be honest, but I'm pretty sure it's wholesome.

Ha! This line made me laugh.

I don't think it sounds terribly muddy. It could maybe be a little leaner, but it didn't really bug me or anything.

I think some auxiliary percussion could be nice on this --- maybe a cajon or congas, etc. I don't think a whole drumset is necessary. I do think it would help to add a little punch and movement.

Fun!

I think some drums/percussion would Really help coming in with the bass at the 25 sec. mark. and maybe some mild panning leaving a little more room for the vocals. Nothing sounded muddy to me listening on laptop with earbuds. Enjoyed it .. mark

Been while, but circling back to this one. Should be the last one for this project. Finally added some percussion. How is it with the balance of the mix? Better with or without percussion?

It seems okay to me.

I couldn't understand all of it, but I did get "a little cat is white and black" and "a little cat, I love you forever."

Back