Loves Fool- Written in under an hour today or did I?

SteveAlton

So I wrote this in under an hour today. Fact is I have lived this the last 15 months. So maybe it really took over a year

I laid an Acoustic Guitar/VoX/BGV track to see what I should do or don't do with it at a later date & with bells and whistles

All thoughts welcome.

Loves Fool
Loves Fool
© 2019 Steve Altonian

Staring at this phone tonight
Hoping to see the words good night
I wonder where the hell you are
Are you alone or in his arms

I’m just sitting playing loves fool
Acting like everything is cool
Yes I’m sitting playing loves fool

Everywhere I go I see our lives
It’s so damn hard for me to smile
People say he’s not the same
I hear them whisper it’s such a shame

He’s just sitting playing loves fool
He’s just sitting playing loves fool

Love can bring you to your knees
And change your reality

Freedom has it’s share of cost
You never see what you’ve really lost
Maybe you’ll think of me sometime
But I’ll be gone & on with my life

You’ll be sitting playing loves fool
You’ll be sitting playing loves fool

Acoustic ballads aren't my thing but this sounds pretty good. Guitar is well recorded, the pan to the left is more obvious on headphones than it would be on speakers. Vocal and BVs are great. My only nit is with the very first word 'starin' - is there a slight pitch wobble there? - like you haven't got quite warmed up yet. Nice job

I liked the acoustic guitar sound.

Vocal sounds pretty nice too. Sounded like the first line was a little pitchy. First syllable of the second line had a ton of low end. Pitchiness later on in a couple of words.

As mentioned, the mix leans to the left for most of the song. You could record the acoustic guitar in stereo, and that would allow you to better balance there stereo spread.

Some background noise at 1:39. More a couple of seconds later.

I liked the acoustic guitar sound.

Vocal sounds pretty nice too. Sounded like the first line was a little pitchy. First syllable of the second line had a ton of low end. Pitchiness later on in a couple of words.

As mentioned, the mix leans to the left for most of the song. You could record the acoustic guitar in stereo, and that would allow you to better balance there stereo spread.

Some background noise at 1:39. More a couple of seconds later.

Thanks guys for listening....I should have clarified. This was just a scratch track, not gonna use it at all. (basically one take for guitar & another for VOX) Just wanted to hear the tune....You are right I will record acoustic in stereo...

Thanks for listening

Back