Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Love me? Hate me? LISTEN TO THIS!

Thanks

Question Love me? Hate me? LISTEN TO THIS!

Sign in to disable this ad
    Since this is gonna get one-starred anyway i am not slaving over this project another minute. I've been working on this for the last 3 weeks and almost the last 48 hours straight and i'm beat. It quickly spiralled out of control track wise and mixing was very difficult. As always anyones comments on the mixing, writing, tracking, etc.. are welcome. If you are someone i've pissed off lately and you wanna come in and take a crap on my work be my guest (this isn't a short list).

I tried to pay very close attention to the details of the panning and motion, and I wanted to try to get the guitars to "morph" if that's possible (without using an x-y controller, although i'd like to try that next).

What with me trying to prove my solo abilities im not sure if i tried to "over-solo" here. Let me know if you think it's a bit too much.

"Shifter"
    Keep doing what you're doing - Woodward

Thanks
    Writing as I'm listening:

Damn, I'm listening in cans and this is downright spooky. What's that you're doing to your voice? Sounds like a couple of tracks, one pitched down quite a bit? Cool effect. I gotta say, I'm really expecting this to go apeshit loud and heavy at some point - there is a lot of tension build-up and I feel like it could use a big release.

And this would just be a zillion times better with better drums. I mean, a tune like this really suffers when you're waiting for some booming bashing monster drums and you get... casio.

Ha! Love the ending.

Yep, after another listen, I think the solo section is where it all peaks and that should be more fiery. Louder, heavier, more dynamically seperate from the rest of the tune. There's great build-up here that doesn't quite deliver.

But definitely some cool stuff going on. Enjoyed it.

Chris

Clowns to the left of me...Jokers to the right....Here I am....
    Thanks
    really cool builds.....

could use better drums..........

lyrics are ass though man.....no flame intended....

I had to read them on you page to understand them.....

I think this music could stand on it's own without vox/lyrics....

good guitar sounds man...I dig it............

Joe

Thanks

Thumbs up

Very cool! Dark atmosphere. The ending is grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

Sure, solo is a bit over-the-top, but I love over-the-top (I also like Buckethead, you know )

I kinda like the tension buildup without a release....
    http://www.nowhereradio.com/trojka
    http://www.nowhereradio.com/trafo

Thanks

Re: Love me? Hate me? LISTEN TO THIS!

Originally posted by Khompewtur
    Since this is gonna get one-starred anyway i am not slaving over this project another minute.

this is the wrong attitude my man.. Why would the amount of stars have anything to do with the amount of time you spend on a song?

Anyho, I really like the mood of this tune, but I'm not too into the vocal effects on this one.. I like the guitar riff, and the drums don't bother me too much in a NIN sort of way.. nice soloing...

this is one of those tunes that you can't really say what's good or what's bad because it's all subjective on this one.. I would have liked more real vocals because your voice seems like it's good..

In a world full of chimpanzees I was a monkey
    Thanks
    Cooool man....
    Very conceptual and cooool! I dig the way you are moving different elements in the rhythm.....

Re: Mix----Imo, Bring UP the drums a little. I really liked all of the vocals up to 4 min. Maybe try compressing the piss out of them at that point, and/or stripping that metalic edge off of the effects... ..... I dunno...

very cool listen man!!
    g

Thanks
    I know you're probably not crazy about the drums, but I'd still mix them like you mean it, instead of letting them drown in the background. I at least want to hear what you had in mind for them. Some very cool stuff goin on in there, and I especially like the kinda droning mood of it. Mix suggestions on a piece like this are especially subjective. I'd re-do the drums and keep the rest. I liked it.

Twist
    Twist

Your Mommy's house. No, actually it's Iowa.
    Thanks
    Well, I'm looking forward to listening to this one when I get home. I always enjoy your stuff, whether I post in all your threads or not. I'll check back in when I've heard it.

Smiling back at you. Disclaimer: If I've said anything to offend you..... get over it. :op
    Thanks

Re: Re: Love me? Hate me? LISTEN TO THIS!

Originally posted by B.SABBATH
    this is the wrong attitude my man.. Why would the amount of stars have anything to do with the amount of time you spend on a song?
    Dude... what is it with you stealing all my thunder lately...?? I was aboot to say the same thing.

Seriously Khomp... if you even think aboat a meaningless ratings system on a freaking internet forum as some kind of motivation for making your music, then you need a new motivation.

Btw... Nobody pays attention to the stars... at least, nobody who's been around for more than five minutes. They're completely irrelevant to the quality of the song, and everyone knows it... so get over it already.

WATYF

Thanks
    This totally sucked ass, and I'm giving it one star...

Naw, I'm not petty.

Pretty cool song...I think the drum comments are b/c they're just too quiet. I think it's okay to use anything for a drum sound, as long as it's loud enough to be huge.

I actually don't dig the rhythm git sounds (sounds DI'd), but all my electric guitar tones totally suck, so I wouldn't listen to me.

B.Sabbath is right, btw - The opinions of some dicks on a BBS about your music should have very little to do with whatever you wanna' do with music. If 4 out of 5 people say "turn the vocal up," then that's useful; but beyond that?

[edit] - and if you think I'm the guy that tagged this with one-star, you're wrong. I didn't even see it until this morning, and, more importantly, I'm not gay... lol.
    Last edited by chrisharris; 06-09-2003 at 12:01.

Thread Information