Love me? Hate me? LISTEN TO THIS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guernica said:
.....with all due respect.... ....you do notice my brother. Like i mentioned, i understand why they are ignored ....and with good reason.

....but you do notice.
Oh what?......now I'm a fucking LIAR?!!
If I noticed I would have said so because otherwise that would make me a fucking liar which is something I have extremely strong feelings about.
I don't appreciate it bro......I don't think I'll come around here for a while. :mad:

Definetely not one star. You had some really cool things going on here. DRUMS NEED WAY MORE MUSCLE!

I would have liked a little more structure going along with the cool sounds, but I'm like that.

The sounds you got were well worth the listen.

Lt. Bob said:
Oh what?......now I'm a fucking LIAR?!!
If I noticed I would have said so because otherwise that would make me a fucking liar which is something I have extremely strong feelings about.
I don't appreciate it bro......I don't think I'll come around here for a while. :mad:
Now c'mon...2 of the coolest guys on this board? Steve, don't you DARE take a break, lol...WE'RE IN THIS FOR LIFE!!!

Seriously, we probably all need to chill. I'm positive that if we got together for a jam, there'd be no problems whatsoever...that includes Khomp, definitely. I just got my panties in a wad; I shouldn't have. It's silly.

aww jesus christ....

...man, im not attacking you. Just stating what to me is the obvious. Its hard to ignore a single star next to your name and work. It's wrong if its done maliciously, and shouldnt be done.....PERIOD.

....Im not implying that you are a liar man, just saying that while the feature exists in here, the "star or not to star" debate is something that is continually gonna come up. The stars DO exist..... so lets either choose not to use them or to use them honorably. Either way, when you or I do see them....(if even out of the far corner or our eye)..... they are honest.

......and stop that "im not gonna come around here for a while" shit.
I love you man!!:D :) .....you da bomb!

Ok ok ok hold on peeps..

Bob - I appreciate you listening and doing the rating. I know you don't like them and just that fact makes me appreciate your act more.

Guern Lets say there's groups that notice ratings and groups that don't. That's fair peeps. I think Guernica has really captured my feelings on them though (both how I perceive them and how i use them).. particularly telling to me was

With my dial-up situation, I am much more likely to listen to a tune w/ a bunch of stars beside it than i am to a song with 100 replies and no stars.

This is a real phenomenon. Maybe most regulars ignore them but there are a lot of other entities/guests browsing the forum. Outside of your thread "Title", the rating is the only other form of advertising you have in here.

Chris - It's 11:30p.m on Saturday night, you and me are the only names I'm seeing in the clinic list. I post a thread. Do you respond to it? No, you bump your own with a one line bullshit comment that isn't even responding to a review. I bump my own thread again. Do you bother to read it? I dunno, but less than 60 seconds later your own thread is bumped with another one line addition that is again not responding to a review. Do you not see me man? am i invisible to you? None of your other buddies are around, it's just me and you in the clinic. If this had happened once I would discount it but it ain't the first time. You've mentioned me a few times in your threads when i've responded to your music (shit I told you your HRC could hold up on the radio) so I know you are aware of me. I've put up 11 songs including HRC #3 over the last two months and last night you pretty much said you've never commented on any of them because you think they all suck (I've BEEN on the radio). Not to mention I kept the conversation rational and you're calling me shit like "cocksocket" "asshole" and "dickhead". Is this how you act with the admiration of the people of this board?

Now you show up posting in my thread after I tell you off? you know what I don't want it now. I don't care if you're more popular than BEER around here. Keepin to separate sides of the board works for me.

In a nutshell, i'm not selling you short chris. You seem intelligent and as a lawyer and an artist you have to be aware of subtleties AND sensitivity

That means I hold you to a higher standard of forum decorum and courtesy and also because you have a higher visibility. If JoeBlagh misses my thread I don't give a crap but if day in day out I see my threads sandwiched by two chrisharris ones and you don't even stop in to welcome me to the neighborhood I'm gonna perceive that as a slight. Finally it got to the point where I acted out on it and your response was to trash me completely and in every way.

How would you react?

Cool,...but!

hey man,....I thought the whole thing was cool,..(you already know about the drums),... check this out though,...about the three minute mark,...you should've let 'er rip!!!!!! Bring in the heaviest guitars you can muster,.. whole mix up to 10!,...and blast everybody out of the water with some screamin' vox! That'd be cool!

Anyway,... think about it.

later,...

Calwood

Yep that nails what I wanted Cal. I tried to pull it off vocally but it never came. Something a la Filter would've made me happy in the vox sense but..

I guess i can come back to it another day.

Well, I just stopped by to listen to you. i wish I had something constructive to say besides I think it sounds good. I just don't feel in touch with this kind of stuff to comment too much, ya know? I can say what I liked--the FX, mostly, the lead guitar sound was sweet and fat, and I thought the drum sounds actually fit the style of the song pretty well. I coulda done without so much effect on the vocals, but thats just a personal thing. Liked the pick drag on the ending--made me chuckle!

As for the thread itself, it looks like you've really stirred up some shit. Whatever. All I can say is being angry with people here isn't going to really avail you the community spirit too much. Now, two of my favorite people are at odds with each other due to this thread. Well, just keep talking things out and maybe the point of understanding will emerge.

By the way, I don't know you, so I don't like or dislike you yet. I've appreciated your comments in other threads and I'm just trying to reciprocate. Relax and have fun. Thats really what its all about here.

We're not at odds.......

.....................we already kissed and made up. :D figuratively of course.....

Overall a cool piece-theres some tone choices I didn't care for-those slashing chords in the beginning-very thin and processed sounding. I like the main riff though-I wish all the vocals were audible and whats with the kinda snore sounds? You have a good voice when the song opens up...The drums sounded like my old Dr. Rhythym-big fat kick and snare would be nice..Good solo action. Your a creative guy.

I'll give you some stars (2nd time I ever used em-and doesnt affect what I listen to one iota)

..As Fish of McBeal would say "bygones"..

Thanks for coming by craw and taking a listen. Hey good luck w/ working with SluiCe i'll bet that's going to be interesting. I got Analytical Man, oh lord the stuff he has up kicks! This whole thing is just a win/win situation for everyone, great idea.

Kramer thanks for stopping by..maybe it's like "Archie's place" or something i dunno

Hey Strat, thanks for the listen and comments. Sorry you didn't like some of the guits. I like to take vox from all times of the day, i think i was saying "rawr" into the mic right after I woke up one morning when you voice is still all gravelly. I didn't use any pitch shift or ultra-parametric eq on the vox like i had done in the past, i guess i wanted to see if i could stay organic and still get weird??

Anyway, I just miced up a snare and I was playing along and guess whut! Playin drumz is hard!! This is going to exponentially add on time to production.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back