Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Love Or Confusion - Jimi Hendrix cover

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by BCF1 View Post
    Listened earlier this morning to first mix and agreed with all the comments made by others. Just revisited the original Hendrix track to provide a better critique. Logged on and heard the new mix.
    Sounds a lot better, really very good performances and mix. Great job !!
    Cool, thanks! Yeah funny how sometimes you hear a song and your brain adds things that may not be there, for this song, when I 1st was planning it, I had the image of the original vocals being really drenched in reverb echoey...but having re listened was surprised how that was not the case... always cool to deep dive into Hendrix material, a once in a lifetime artist imo!

Thanks
    Nice guitar work. If you got "Strat" in your name, you know how to play it.

Didn't hear the 1st mix. This one sounds good. I didn't hear any problems with the vocals; performance or mix.
    Lots of wash going on and sometmes it steps on the other parts. But as a whole, I get what you're going for and it's a good approach.

One thing you might try is to put a band-pass EQ on the delay and/or reverb. Only allow a small range of frequencies on the effects. You'll still get the effect, but it won't fill out the whole spectrum. Like for your guitar; it covers from about 200hz to 4 khz, but you can EQ the delay so it only covers from say 900hz - 1.5khz. You'll still hear it, but it won't be reinforcing the 200hz range. That kinda thing. Just an idea.

Yeah man.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chili For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili View Post
    Nice guitar work. If you got "Strat" in your name, you know how to play it.

Didn't hear the 1st mix. This one sounds good. I didn't hear any problems with the vocals; performance or mix.
    Lots of wash going on and sometmes it steps on the other parts. But as a whole, I get what you're going for and it's a good approach.

One thing you might try is to put a band-pass EQ on the delay and/or reverb. Only allow a small range of frequencies on the effects. You'll still get the effect, but it won't fill out the whole spectrum. Like for your guitar; it covers from about 200hz to 4 khz, but you can EQ the delay so it only covers from say 900hz - 1.5khz. You'll still hear it, but it won't be reinforcing the 200hz range. That kinda thing. Just an idea.

Yeah man.
    Great idea, I really need to try that... I feel the same way with a lot of my mixes have a washed blurred feeling , while most of the stuff I hear on there is so nice and tight and well defined. I need to learn how to use the band pass eq to clean my stuff up! Appreciate your feedback, going to do some digging on this and try it!

Thread Information