Lost Dream - spacey rock trip

GONZO-X

this is my floyd influence showing. :D

Lost Dream by Bats Brew | Free Listening on SoundCloud

fresh off the new bats brew album "The Wild Animals"

This one was based on an instrumental i did way back when, on a cassette-based multitrack machine.
it was originally called "Pali Face".

i always wanted to do a song version of this, and once i got the lyric idea, the arrangement came together nicely.

Lost Dream lyric:

Here’s the dream that floats along the ceiling,
Out the window, lost into the breeze.

Walking in the dark there is no seeing,
Fight the fear that brings you to your knees

You stand along the edge to nowhere,
You slowly fall into the sea.

You run as hard as can, to something,
A brilliant light envelopes all.

That’s when you learn you found the answer,
It came to you in a dream….
It comes to you, in another dream….

in another dream.

nice vibe! love love love the lead guitar tone!

ALRIGHT Agile!

thanks for listening, man, i didn't think anybody was gonna bother.
but you did, so that's cool...

lead guitar tone...

2019-pedalboard.jpg
i had just received a new pedal from Dave Barber, a fuzz called "Exacta".

so i used that, along with a slightly crunchy mesa sound, to pull off those leads.
there are 3 different fuzzes built into the exacta and i used all three.

a great great pedal.

i'm dialing it in now, with this new strymon iridium i just picked up.

very cool. I use THU Overloud (amp sim) and they have some similar pedals. I'm not a guitar player so finding good tone for me is likely fumbling around in the dark...thanks for the pic!

very cool. I use THU Overloud (amp sim) and they have some similar pedals. I'm not a guitar player so finding good tone for me is likely fumbling around in the dark...thanks for the pic!
i've heard several people extol the virtues of the THU sims....
i think if you are using sims, you try to find amps that sound good and crunchy with tone, but not a lot of sustain...
then find the proper pedal to stage the gains up enough to get all that sustain back, and then STOP!
heheh
that's the sweet spot,
where you really have to work at getting the notes and tones out, but still have enough grunt to be authoritative.

Thought I was listening to Pink Floyd at the beginning....nice change of pace after that, loving it so far, especially the vocals.....really nice sonically - nice sinister undertones with the progressions, guitar solo currently kicking my ass. The track went by real quick, it could probably have gone on for double its length and i wouldn't have gotten bored. great stuff man

Thought I was listening to Pink Floyd at the beginning....nice change of pace after that, loving it so far, especially the vocals.....really nice sonically - nice sinister undertones with the progressions, guitar solo currently kicking my ass. The track went by real quick, it could probably have gone on for double its length and i wouldn't have gotten bored. great stuff man

heheh, frank, thanks for listening. glad you dig it!
you knew it wasn't pink floyd!! c'mon, :D... wouldn't it be cool to jam with any of those folk? richard wright was a hero of mine...

i have a instrumental version of this song on the album as well,
it's called "Pali Face"

Pali Face by Bats Brew | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Back