lost all perspective

BuildingStudios

.... These are two songs we did for a band called Octavious...
I've really listened to both of these way too much, Just curious to see if anyone has any tips on the mix and master.
ps: I know the vocals are mixed a little low... but thats how the band liked it ... thats all that matters.

http://www.thebuildingstudios.com/clients.htm
download either problems sleeping or walkaway.

Well thanks in advance

This is better than the Grammy's, so I listened to both. I can tell they're both very good mixes...but I'm limited to headphones right now, so I'm not even gonna' try to give mix opinions other than..."nice work!" You'll probably get flamed for posting studio mixes here, but they're cool songs, so I don't give a fuck.

Problems Sleeping - some of the 60 cycle hum is noticeable on the cans, so you might wanna' expand that...otherwise, I love it.

Walkaway - lol...there was like :15 seconds of silence before the tune started, and I have a short attention span, so you might wanna' consider trimming that off...unless it's for "ambience".

Man, I hope the singer doesn't take this the wrong way (or see this, lol), but I really wanted to hear these with a "heavier" vocal. Don't get me wrong, he's got a cool voice, but it's more of a "pop" voice to me...I know this has nothing to do with why you posted these, lol...just dishing out random thoughts.

Again, nice work. I have no complaints.

Thanks alot for the comments... yeah i did notice both of those things... I plan on dealing with those during our last mixdown session with the band...

chrisharris said:
You'll probably get flamed for posting studio mixes here

I wasnt aware that was looked down upon heh... Because for all practical purposes we are just home studio that has a lease on a building... hehe i mean did you look at the pictures section.. ohh well whatever.

Thanks for the comment

Back