Losing My Religion

Awesome, I am curious to know about the vocal though. Maybe I'm wrong, but for my own listening/translating I'm interested to know the outcome.

That explains it on the mandolin, I think for the original they used the mandolin as the lead and I can't recall if it even had a guitar (I guess I need to listen to the original)

When he was singing the chorus part, I was monitoring the whole through cans and I was impressed to hear no dissonance between his chorus part and the lead vocal. I didn't want to pitch correct any of this song. I don't know that it needs correction so much as a little more work on his vocal technique. I am sure he will get better

Yeah Looks like the note is right but his voice is shaking him in and out of the note (on some, others he nailed). Good to know though, thanks for taking the time to post results.

sounded pretty good. Mix is good. Vocal has some pitch issues. Not way off pitch, but I would retract the vocal. Get him to sing through it 3 or 4 times and then when you start to mix and edit and you hear something off pitch....chances are on the other vocal tracks he is on pitch on that particular passage. You cut and past the vocal passage that is on pitch to your keeper vocal track.

Way better than using pitch correction IMO.

sounded pretty good. Mix is good. Vocal has some pitch issues. Not way off pitch, but I would retract the vocal. Get him to sing through it 3 or 4 times and then when you start to mix and edit and you hear something off pitch....chances are on the other vocal tracks he is on pitch on that particular passage. You cut and past the vocal passage that is on pitch to your keeper vocal track.

Way better than using pitch correction IMO.

Thanks jimistone. I couldn't have gotten this far without doing that at least sometime in my experience. I have done that extensively with some singers until I got sick of doing it. But cheating is cheating whether by pitch correction or cutting and pasting. That being said, this was the best of 3 takes. The guy sings for fun, not as a profession, at least not yet. I captured the nuances of his personal singing ability and I didn't think I would achieve anything by making him artificially accurate. I appreciate your compliment on the mix :)

Back