Looking for some input on this mix

sounds to me like a hair bit too much reverb on the snare and the kick could come up just a bit. There does seem to be a bit of "distortion" that seems to emcompas the whole mix. But not bad, and definaltely beter than I can do...yet ;)

Preface: I'm listening on computer speakes so...

Sounds pretty sweet to me over all. The cymbal thingy you have going on at about 1:40ish and other places is kind of bugging me. Maybe a little up front? Guitars sound good to me.

Nice work

sounds good here, and good playing. Its just running hot enough that your dancing on the edge clip line. I`d back off the level a little on the final mix track and on the drums some, and get a little headroom for the rest of the stuff you plan to do to it.

Thanks for the quick responses. When I remix I will bring the overall volume down and maybe come down with the drums a little.

Some good playing and a pretty decent overall sound. Liked all the doubling and hard panning.

Some things to watch out for... Assuming you're adding vocals, you're eating a lot of space with the guitars. You may have some problems getting the vocals to sit in there. You may want to back some mids out of the guitars and take down their levels. This might create some space for vocal tracks.

I also noticed there's a nice punchy bass in there, but you can't hear it too well when the guits are kicked in.

The meters on Winamp are pegged. I didn't hear anything too bad, but it's really pushing it hard.

Keep it going....

Back