Looking for people to collab with

D_Vincent

Wasnt sure where to post this so i figuered mp3 clinic is the best place.

I belong to a few collab sites however Im looking for other people to collab with.

I have a classic rock style...simple stuff.

------------

I did everything in this song except the drums

Im looking for a better singer,Lyrics,Bass Guitar,Keyboard perhaps...I just wrote a few lyrics and repeated them for now...song aslo needs a chorus vocal melody.

Could use a new drum track as well however the one I have is pretty good I think.

Mix still needs some work...mostly the the Tom drums and drum reverb need adjusting.

Guitar Hall verb needs adjusting as well.

Mix can be heard here

Bpm 113.78

Last edited:
I could put some bass on this if you want... as far as the mix, the drums are not bad but the cymbals are totally disjointed from the rest of the kit. I like the guitar stuff, the lead could come up though. I like the tone.

I'd love to get a hold of your tracks and play around with it..

Im having a bit of a hard time with the drums mix wise.

The seps I have are

kick
Snare bottom
Snare top
HH
Toms (are all on one sep) which is a bit of a problem
Overhead...1 overhead
Room...1 room

When I get the chance I will upload the drums seps first...then I will work on rendering guitar tracks as well.

Last edited:
Vocal seps...I already treated these seps...comp and EQ

These are just throw away seps and just something to put in the mix to jam to.

Definately need a better singer.

All other seps like drums and guitar are unprocessed/untreated however I did record guitar with a bit of verb and or a touch of delay in parts...Cant remove delay or verb...they were recorded live and are part of the seps.

http://www.4shared.com/audio/0nmJXxJ3/Vocal_1_treated.html
http://www.4shared.com/audio/9s9Ycq37/Vocal_2_treated.html

Uploading Guitar seps now and will post them when they are ready.

bpm 113.78

Guitar Seps

There are some noises on the solo guitar I dont like...its like a clink sound...I will probably redo solo exactly as is but try and get rid of that noise and also try and make a smoother transition form first half of solo to second half.

I will wait and see how the mixing sounds before redoing anything.

http://www.4shared.com/file/qv7scp_R/Guitar_seps.html

I can give ya some live acoustic drums as I've been looking for some collaboration work myself. Drummers can't make melodies themselves you know :(

I can also offer some vocals for you as well. But what kind of vocals do you want? Do you want it likea AC/DC type grouchy high pitched the song kinda has that feeling to it. Or would you prefer something a bit subtle like Chicago/ Boston or Aerosmith?

For vocals I was thinking ACDC in sound but Im ok with whatever the singer thinks sounds best.

I really have no direction for the vocals so Im open to whatever people want to do.

If you want to try a new drum track Im ok with that...the drums I have now are ok but Im up for improving them for sure.

Do whatever you think will improve the song.

Thanks

OK, I've been doing this for a while, yet I don't claim to know everything. So, what the f&*k is a "sep"???

OK, I've been doing this for a while, yet I don't claim to know everything. So, what is a "sep"???

I was going to ask but once I got the files I saw they were waves so I figured I would just leave it alone.

Not familiar with seperates or stems.... I just call them audio tracks.. :)

:)

I was collabing on another site and a new member new to collabing read my posts and said "whats a step"

He read it wrong...it said sep

He got a laugh out of it once I told him he read it wrong and it said sep.

Back