looking for Partypant's ears....

joro

The Pie Guy
hey Chad.....since you won't go over there..... :(

I came over here.... :rolleyes:

This tune was written by my gal-pal Christine (lyrics) and our very own DTB Dan Thompson (music)
Dan recorded all tracks except for the bass (I adeded that) and I did the mix....Dan sent me individual files for each track so this is my first ever chance to do a real mix of his awesome talents.....always before,...the vox would be on a guitar track and having them separate made a world of difference...

so...looking for Chad ears...and anyone else too....;)

Whisper-Alley Girl.....it's at Soundclick... :cool:

Yo Joe :)

I haven't been in this place for a long time... looks different :)

I'll be back in a few... but I have to ask you before anyone listens to this song of yours:

Is this a BOMBTRAX?? :rolleyes:

(monitoring on cans)

Sounds pretty nice and full, joro.

In the intro... @ 0:05 or so, another track comes in to the mix... and it sounds like crickets or someone laughing or finger noise on a string or breath noise or something... a little distracting... it cuts out @ 0:15.

Sounds like this song was inspired by one of Piltdownman's... that "Everything" song of his. The initial riff anyway. Have you heard that one?

While everything sounds well tracked... the rhythm guitar and the lead don't sound like they're in the same space... they have different ambience on them. The voice has some good 'verb on it, though. Nice levels.

The (banjo??) on the far, far left sounds odd... may want to bring that in a bit... or do something different with it. The mando kind of makes the mix left-heavy; sounds like it's just a touch left of center. Maybe try a touch right?

I like the doubled vocals around 3:20.

Nice tune.

C

very sweet tune.. sounds good for the most part but I'm not listening on monitors or anything.. not sure the electric bass guitar is necessary.. maybe a fretless or upright bass sound would be cool.. not a major issue as it sounds good as is.. nice job people! :D

I know it's different but for some reason I thought of Phil Collins singing when I heard this song.

I like the song. No input from me. It's just good on the creativity. On the mix, it's above my skill level. :)

bigbubba said:
I know it's different but for some reason I thought of Phil Collins singing when I heard this song.

That's impossible Bigbubba...This is a GOOD song.

RAMI said:
That's impossible Bigbubba...This is a GOOD song.
Are you saying Phil Collins sucks? I like him. Well, let me re-phrase, I like "In the Air Tonight" by PC. I also liked some other Genesis songs like Tonight Tonight and so on. Other than that I've only heard PC songs in Disney movies such as Tarzan and so on. But he's cool enough. :)

RAMI said:
impossible
Me fail English? That's unpossible - Ralph Wiggum, The Simpsons. :)

participant said:
Yo Joe :)

Is this a BOMBTRAX?? :rolleyes:

:D :D :D :D :D :D

I got my Chad ... :eek:

:p ;) ;)

you always make me smile man........the kind of smile you get with a gratuitous reach around.....ya know? :rolleyes:

Great comments Chad.....that's why I sought you out man....I am gonna give it one more re-mix tomorrow night and I'll post it then and hit some of the other threads here.....

B.SABBATH said:
very sweet tune.. sounds good for the most part but I'm not listening on monitors or anything.. not sure the electric bass guitar is necessary.. maybe a fretless or upright bass sound would be cool.. not a major issue as it sounds good as is.. nice job people! :D

my thoughts exactly Sam...I am gonna re-track it with a smotther bass....if I can borrow one somewhere.....

sorry I haven't participated in a long time y'all....I'll be bendin' (or is that lendin'??) some ears here tomorrow for sure...

Thanks fellas for the cool comments on the tunage.,...
Be cool,
Joe

Back