Looking Out My Back Door - CCR acoustic cover

sounds fantastic! full, crisp and clear! Did you sing the VOX or just duplicate the track? Just curious.

Acoustic sounds great, I have an Ovation and usually track with the pickup and external mic, but I can't get anywhere near the warm, crispy sound you have going on there.

Nice work.

sounds fantastic! full, crisp and clear! Did you sing the VOX or just duplicate the track? Just curious.

Acoustic sounds great, I have an Ovation and usually track with the pickup and external mic, but I can't get anywhere near the warm, crispy sound you have going on there.

Nice work.

Thanks. I usually do around 8-10 vocal takes and then sample all permutations in pairs until I find the two that gel the best. So inflections and pauses etc, the two tracks that align the best are chosen.

Glad to hear the guitars sound warm and crispy. I'm recording them in a big walk-in closet with comforters covering the walls and pillows lodged into the wall corners. :) I think the angle of the mic and where it's pointed is helping. Maybe I'll post a pic of the setup.

Thanks again

Sounds really good. On a production note, the vocal high end could come down, then the vocals could then be brough up more in your face.

I say that since the AG is nice and fat, the vocals could be closer, but the high end (above 3K) will start to give a problem.

That is more production, the recording sounded good.

Another acoustic cover with Sigma and sm7b, recorded at home studio with Studio One 4 and mostly Waves plugins, Tal-Reverb. Thoughts on the mix appreciated, still working out acoustic recording, especially with only the 1 mic. Two rhythm guitars L&R, 1 "solo-ish" guitar C with extra delay. Double tracked vox.

Lookin Out My Back Door by TRA | Free Listening on SoundCloud

DUDE. Has anyone told you you sound just like Lindsay Buckingham?! Mean this as a major compliment, great voice. Nice track!

You had me smiling before the first chords even came in. Great job on the Sigma and the vocals , I do think the vocals could come up maybe a db or so.. those were also some creative tempo changes. Great job ! mark

.. those were also some creative tempo changes. Great job ! mark

thanks, i tried to keep the tempo like original CCR tune, but i didn't break it all down and analyze the entire tempo change section. Hopefully it was close enough. thanks for the comments

Sounds really good. On a production note, the vocal high end could come down, then the vocals could then be brough up more in your face.

I say that since the AG is nice and fat, the vocals could be closer, but the high end (above 3K) will start to give a problem.

That is more production, the recording sounded good.

it's possible the vocals caught an extra high end boost. i bumped the master bus and also the vocal bus eq up top around 3.5k. those high end boosts really brought life and air into the mix - not a great room for recording and it's crazy flat without the boosts. thanks for the comment and listen, much appreciated.

Back