Looking for feedback on a track I mixed

Tim Hidskes

I'd like to get some constructive feedback on a track I mixed. It's a song called 'Bitter' by a band whose name I do not recall. I downloaded the multitracks from a website. It was quite a challenge as I don't have a lot of experience in mixing. If you have the time and would like to help, please take a listen and tell me how to improve, especially on the drums (not too happy with the kick and snare sound).

Thank you very much!!

drive.google.com/file/d/18L68K7P6asxGcENZmQWjV3rDz0GD4zTP/view?usp=sharing

I am not the person to give mixing advice. Listen to anything I've mixed and you'll understand.

What I will say and I don't know if it's the mix (probably not) or the way the tracks were recorded. This has no punch or life at all. It has that 70s Deep Purple type sound if they didn't turn on their amps.

I'm not saying this to be mean. I don't know how else to say it. I don't speak mixer language.

As far as the different instruments are concerned, the placement and volumes sound fine. The drums didn't bother me at all.

Thank you! It may be the mix. I've listened to the band's own mix and that one definitely has more punch. However, about the guitar tracks I was kind of feeling the same; they sound mostly dull and don't complement each other in a good way.

Back