Long Way Home

reinmj

Wait.. what?
A quick mix from David Tyo's song Long Way Home. Got the dry recorded tracks from another site and thought i'd give it a shot.

Rip 'er apart!!!

**Updated mix in post #7**

Attachments

• Long Way Home - David Tyo.mp3
    5.8 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Nice mix, but.... the level of the vocal is all over the place. Too loud in one spot, barely audible in another. example: at 00:37, vocal gets real quiet then at 00:45 it is pretty loud then at 00:51 quiet again. Same going on with lead solo guitar at around 3:40.

Gotta do some fader riding.

Nice mix, but.... the level of the vocal is all over the place. Too loud in one spot, barely audible in another. example: at 00:37, vocal gets real quiet then at 00:45 it is pretty loud then at 00:51 quiet again. Same going on with lead solo guitar at around 3:40.

Gotta do some fader riding.

Thanks Chili!

I just took a listen to the mp3 attached, and it seems as if most/all my automation disappeared during mixdown:confused::confused:
I will do another mixdown and see what the issue is. I guess that's what happens when you don't doule check your work hahaha. Thanks for bringing it to me attention!

Nice song, well written lyric. Just need to work on the mix-down. enjoy the listen.
[MENTION=130473]irwin[/MENTION]

Yup, opened up the project and all automation was disabled :facepalm:

Here's the mix with automation. I'm sure it needs more work so please lend me your fresh ears.

Attachments

• Long Way Home.mp3
    5.8 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back