Long Overdue - Acoustic Track

reinmj

Wait.. what?
Hi guys

I am trying to get back into this game after a few years off and working mainly on genres that i'm not used to mixing. Anyway, this song i found online(either Telefunken or Cambridge, can't remember) and thought i'd give it a shot.

A big shoutout to David Youngs for his performance!!!

Please crit the hell out of it as i need to work on acoustic guitar.

View attachment Long Overdue.mp3

I think its sounds fabulous on my system. Just the right amount of presence and ambience. Love the rattling strings and GREAT PLAYING!

Is this a single channel? Not much to mix besides EQ, but it sounds pretty good. Maybe a little more string buzz than I would have liked if it were my tune.

Only one listen on my ancient Sony cans.

It's mixed/mastered a little hot to my ear, even for the modern acoustic vibe. Just a bit over-compressed feel. Not sure about lower frequencies, but there were a couple spots I thought it verged on woof, but I'd need to listen more on some other devices.

Very impressive playing, recording and mixing, though. (I would probably not be asking for opinions if I'd done that :o)

Is this a single channel? Not much to mix besides EQ, but it sounds pretty good. Maybe a little more string buzz than I would have liked if it were my tune.

Pretty straight forward stereo channel L/R EQ'ing and reverb, but that's exactly where my problem lies with acoustic guitars. I somehow always lose that natural sound and feel so i have to work on it a bit more.

Only one listen on my ancient Sony cans.

It's mixed/mastered a little hot to my ear, even for the modern acoustic vibe. Just a bit over-compressed feel. Not sure about lower frequencies, but there were a couple spots I thought it verged on woof, but I'd need to listen more on some other devices.

Very impressive playing, recording and mixing, though. (I would probably not be asking for opinions if I'd done that :o)

Thanks for the feedback! I agree it may be a bit hot probably due to the limiter settings, however i only used one comp reducing around 1.5db max at times on the mixbus.

I think its sounds fabulous on my system. Just the right amount of presence and ambience. Love the rattling strings and GREAT PLAYING!

Thanks Bruthish!

Sounds FANTASTIC to me! Open tuning? No nits, just really brightened my day , reminds me of the style a young guy I've seen on youtube named Marcin Patrzalek plays like. Just great man, thanks for sharing!

Back