At long last, a music post from me

Sounds great! Good straight ahead rock, can't beat that. Good playing on the drums and the guitar. Awesome soloing. I love your snare sound, nice crack.

Wow, sounds very good MadAudio. Drums are well recorded. Hot guitar part in the middle... don't give the guitar player any more caffiene though or his head's gonna explode.

Tim

Nice sounds, Audio. Man, you captured it well. Everything sounds pretty sharp. Very clean. Nice playing all around. What is some of the equpiement you use?

Dogman said:
Nice sounds, Audio. Man, you captured it well. Everything sounds pretty sharp. Very clean. Nice playing all around. What is some of the equpiement you use?

It's the chairs, man, the sound comes from the chairs ;)

I still haven't got my powerstrip fixed . . . no listening for me :(

mshilarious said:
It's the chairs, man, the sound comes from the chairs ;)

I still haven't got my powerstrip fixed . . . no listening for me :(
The chairs....gotta get me a new chair......now, what kind????? :confused: :D

It needs more cowbell. :D Seriously, it sounds pretty tight. I wasn't sure at the very beginning what was going on but it jelled pretty quick.

Nice tight rocking tune man! :D Can you help out my mental struggle here, what are the sound effects here and there? At one point I thought airplane, then monster, then bowling pins :confused: Yeah I dig this tune, rocked the room down.

NOW THE REAL QUESTION IS, do you record your chairs direct or mic em??

Man, the drums are pristine!!! There's sort of a little "disconnect" in the tone curves of the drums vs the guitars and bass, just the teeniest bit of psychoacoustic separateness. I think it's because the drums have a leavening brighness to them that the bass and guitar do not have, so my mind is looking for something else to fill the space above 8KHz... Boy, am I being a nitpicky poopstain or what?? Sorry... :) Really, this is some kickass playing, and I am truly marveling at your drum sound. BigBubba needs to hear this song so he'll believe that you can indeed get crystal clear, punchy, driving drum acquisitions... :)

APPLAUSE!!!! The guitarist is a loon. A complete waste of cocaine. Love the playing!!

RAMI - thanks much

Timothy - Thanks!

mshilarious - Yes, the chairs changed the acoustic properties of my control room in a very positive way! :D

Dogman - Again, thanks! This was recorded with my "old" drum set-up - kick, snare and toms going into my Mackie 1604, overheads through the DMP3. Beyer TG-X50 on kick, Beyer M201 on snare, SM57s on the toms, MXL 603s for OH. Guitar amp (Fender Champ) mic'ed with a Sennheiser e609s. Bass (my old Guild) through Bass V-Amp Pro. Interfaces - 2 Layla 24/96's. Program - Vegas 5.

Track Rat - I have other songs with cowbell that I'll post later. But thanks!

SnakeDog5050 - those are some FX that my guitar player lifted from the game "Area 51." Now don't tell anybody!

Space - Thank you, sir!

Gorty - This one's gonna stay an instrumental, but we have other songs that do have lyrics.

Llarion - Thanks so much, and believe me I appreciate nit-picky critiques. I'm pretty proud of my drum sounds lately. But no drugs were involved in my guitar player's performance - he's naturally hyper! And now you can see why I've been too busy for PMC #12. Maybe the next one, sigh.

Thanks for listening, everyone!

Last edited:
Back