--Long Cool Woman--

HevyD47Ca

Just looking for some mix tips on this.
I think it's pretty close.
Sorry about the vocal, I only had 10 minutes to lay it down before my kids got home.

Listening - clear... clear...

Vocals could use a bit more "body" in it... Seems thin compared to the mix. Not that the original wasn't, but this is even a bit too thin for that...

Instrumentally, the mix is pretty cool. Highs in the OH's could be tamed a whisker...

Weird - Same song just came on the radio as bumper music...

John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com

Hey, Dan.

The mix sounds good to me.

Way more clarity on this then on the original which always sounded fuzzy to me with that cheap slap back echo they used on the original for the vocal.

As usual, your guitar playing is slicker then water on ice.:cool:

Good stuff! :)

Hevy-Freakin'-C in Da' House!!

Yo' Hev, everything is workin' and is fittin' right in place. Guitar captured cleeeeean with the perf on point!!!

Hev, U know I luv you being 1 of my fave artists here, but I'm not feelin' the vocals!! :( I don't know but it sounds to thin & weak-kneed. Not so much the voc perf which is tite, but it seems to need some gain and bottom boost......PRESENCE!!! Yeah, that's it,PRESENCE!!!

But other than that, you still amaze me and "LCW" rocks!!!!

only had 10 minutes to lay it down before my kids got home

Darn kids ;) Tell 'em to give you a few more minutes. Though clean, the vocals FEEL forced -- like you were definitely rushing. The overall mix is sharp and clean and all that, but I'm not feeling the singing. Almost as if your mind was somewhere else. I know that sounds corny/cheesy, but otherwise, the mix works.

Thanks for the listen.

G

Great version, really captured the guitar tone of the original. Agree with the comments on the vocal and I missed the blam blams on the toms at the start. Minor quibbles but otherwise great

I liked it.

Although I had liberty of listening to it only on my left speaker.

Sounded good to me. Instrumentals great. Vocals a bit weak, but passable. A great passion for good old music!! You have it! Takes a bit of technical prowess to pull it all together, like that.

I will always like that song. Cool tune that gets people dancing.
I too, think the vocs are weak but, then again, you said you only had 10 min. to put them down. If you ever redo the vocs I'd really like to hear it again. :cool:

The music sounded great but the voxs were a little weak and off pitch in a few spots.Was the original panning that wild?Bass on one side and guitar on the other?LOL.

Hey,

guitars are great, and the bass.

But like it has been said - maybe redo the vocal when you have more time - not that its bad but just to make it perfect.

I also missed the blam blams.

cheers

y

betty rumble said:
I still just get a blank page saying done:mad: :mad:

Betty,
Try doing a right-click/Save-as on the link instead of trying to click it to launch it.Save it to your desktop and see how it goes.

Hey Kramer, thank you!

Well now I get the player up but only the title and no song.

When I right click the link ---- I do not get the option to save, so instead I clicked on the file tab and saved from there.

Ill keep at it. Dont understand why I am having such a hard time on this

:confused:

:confused: That's strange.There should be a "Save Target As" option right under the "Open in New Window" option on the right click of the link.

What browser are you using?Internet Explorer?Netscape?

Heyyyy cool. Love this ol song. You did a good job with it. damn nice tones on that guitar, bass, and kit. The snare and the crash i wish I could get that smooth myself, really good. Kick is fine, just needs a little more of it, snare, and the bass for me so it hammers a bit more. You said you only had 10 to sing it. You hittin on all the nuances and licks, but not like you got the mood lights on, and stand up an get that bobbing going on... :)

I had a band do this back when it was new, took a good while to get em to "lay back and groove" without trying to cram it. You got the groove hoss..

Signed: one of your main listenin buddies... :)

Betty

Right click on the song title/ then-"copy short cut"
on the address bat- right click/then- paste, - hit enter!
wa-la.
Your player should launch and start playing it.

D

Back